Twitter: Cowboys sign Marvin Austin after workout (Post #36)..will wear #90

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Wow I like this move. I was pissed when the giants drafted him but obviously didn't work out for them. This could be a nice move.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
i hope we cut vega he was bad yesterday . Better have not cut Nevis he has been very good.

We had an extra spot open, but I do see us stashing him back on ps if we decide too add a runningback or get help elsewhere dend or anything good out there.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
This is a good pick up. I love how we are making moves and bringing in these players.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Well, we got so many new guys, I thought it might help on game day. Because to be honest, I don't know any of the guys numbers on the DL besides Hatch and Ware.

That said, I felt the same way when Woodson retired and they gave his number away the very next year. When Greg Ellis was cut and they gave his number away. Just a level of familiarity to see someone knew wearing the number.

I was in no way commenting on your including it, more on the idea that there would be any hesitation to give him the number because Ratliff wore it prior. I'm always grateful for the stuff you post.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
According to this quote from Mayock he was a bad interview/character guy and a lot of teams did not have him on their board. (Cowboys did not have him on their board)

DRAFT ANALYSIS:
"Now that's really interesting pick. He's a guy who on tape is a solid, solid second-round pick. But a lot of teams didn't like his interview process. Teams didn't like his profile as far as who the kid was and what he was all about. They weren't sure he was focused on football, and a lot of teams quite frankly took him off the board. From a football perspective, the Texans just got a steal." -- Mike Mayock

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/sam-montgomery?id=2540149

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was in no way commenting on your including it, more on the idea that there would be any hesitation to give him the number because Ratliff wore it prior. I'm always grateful for the stuff you post.

Well, since Rat's been out for awhile, there might be some bad juju on the #90. lol

That said, there were still pics of Rat up at VR. At least there were on Friday. They may have taken them down since then.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Good signing IMO. I see it as basically no risk with a chance of RM getting his potential to show on the field.

Section446

Reaction score
I've got to give it to the FO, they've done a hell of a job filling spots with guys on the street. I can't remember the last time that we got this much quality play from castoff players.

Section446

Reaction score

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Guy with a lot of physical upside, but he has two things working against him: a. He's a headcase... b. The guy can't gain weight to save his life, he just doesn't have the body structure to hold up against 300 pound OT's. Think Aaron Maybin with less burst.

He's listed at 272. That's bigger than any DE on current Cowboys Roster not named Rayford.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I don't see hatcher or Hayden holding up with the amount of snaps they are playing.

I hope this works because we need to get those two some plays off before they get hurt.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I've got to give it to the FO, they've done a hell of a job filling spots with guys on the street. I can't remember the last time that we got this much quality play from castoff players.

Reminds me of the first training camp with Jimmy Johnson. Every day I would scan the waiver wire to see who was released by another team. Sure enough, a day or two later Jimmy would have them in camp.

Reactions: BAT

Section446

Reaction score
He's listed at 272. That's bigger than any DE on current Cowboys Roster not named Rayford.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were exaggerating his weight here. He's had trouble with his weight going all the way back to high school. Maybe something has changed, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'd be willing to bet that he's closer to 250-260.