Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign OL Cam Erving

blueblood70

Reaction score
swing tackle I assume but with all the camp bodies to compete at every postion there might be some movement like Cwill swapping positions etc and Mcgovern or the rook winning center loser getting LG and last one like Looney back as backup etc

I lie the depth for competition alone even at kicker ,backup QB finally and so on..i hoe we have a somewhat normal camp..

DanA

Reaction score
He’s a super athlete that was a late convert to football taken first round that never really panned out. Was tried at every position along the o-line with limited success.

On the plus side, he’s got lots of starting experience at several positions. I think he’ll make the roster and sets a floor, but I’m hoping someone beats him out as swing tackle.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He's played every position on the line so really versatile and comes from a winning culture. Apparently a great teammate that is a big cheerleader. I don't think LT is his strong suit, but serviceable. Personally I wonder if Collins would end up sliding over to LT while Erving or Williams goes to RT.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
more like swinging gate tackle.
This.

People see “former first round pick” and “got a ring with the Chiefs”, but don’t know how bad he is at Left Tackle.

Tyron has missed 3 games these past few seasons so it’s almost a guarantee that he’ll be starting some games in his place.

stiletto

Reaction score
TFed's retirement is going to make signings like this happen. Not the best but veterans are needed until someone young rises to the top.

DanA

Reaction score
I am liking the Cowboy moves this offseason. But this one is the worst. Wanted a better quality backup OT signed.

That's my opinion too. He's not Chaz Green but anyone expecting him to come in and do the job like Big V
more like swinging gate tackle.
:lmao2:

This made me snort my drink. Missed it until someone quoted it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
You have to wonder what the philosophy of McCarthey and Philbin is regarding o-line play. We've generally had coaches who subscribe to the "don't make two holes filling one" approach. That might not be the case with these guys (I really didn't watch how things worked at that level in GB).

It may very well be the case that if Smith misses time that we move La'el to LT. Also, I'm sure I've said this before, Martin usually takes some snaps at C as he's the emergency backup there. Maybe he's now the emergency RT backup instead as we've got three centers who are going to make the roster (actually four if Erving makes it - he played C for the Browns) - maybe Martin is our backup RT given the depth we have inside.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Found this on PFF when he was heading off the KC:

“Erving has not yet lived up to his high draft status. In 2016, he was the lowest-ranked guard in the NFL among 38 qualifiers with an overall grade of 36.8. He struggled in both pass protection and as a run-blocker but most notably surrendered 29 total pressures on just 438 pass-block snaps, finishing with the lowest pass-blocking efficiency among centers.”

He also only played one (1) snap during KC’s postseason Super Bowl run last year.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Found this on PFF when he was heading off the KC:

“Erving has not yet lived up to his high draft status. In 2016, he was the lowest-ranked guard in the NFL among 38 qualifiers with an overall grade of 36.8. He struggled in both pass protection and as a run-blocker but most notably surrendered 29 total pressures on just 438 pass-block snaps, finishing with the lowest pass-blocking efficiency among centers.”

He also only played one (1) snap during KC’s postseason Super Bowl run last year.
Deflate...