Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign OL Dan Skipper

conner01

Reaction score
From review and reports, he has talent but, struggles with his height and bending for pass blocking. His forte
is run blocking.
He's a good powerful run blocker but today's de's are smaller quick guys and that's gonna be his problem I think
If he could get his technique down to an art he might be able to do it
He played some guard too
He has a Columbo attitude

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
There is one thing skipper can do
Block kicks
As a oline guy the odds are against him[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? The fact we held on to Doug Free as a starter for 3 years past his prime...It wouldn't shock me to see these guys think they found Free's replacement.:rolleyes:

LittleD

Reaction score
One thing has come out from the weekend. The 3 all pro lineman and Colombo have taken Skipper under their
wing and he's going to get an advanced RT education over the next 4 months. It will be up to him to see if he
can master the position.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
He started the last 47 consecutive games of his career at Arkansas, beginning as a true freshman: 26 at LT, 13 at RT, and 8 at guard.
He blocked 7 field goal attempts during that time, including the one that allowed them to beat TCU last year.

In the offseason, Dan has worked part time as a bouncer at live music venues.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He was a stalwart at blocking for the Razorbacks running game.

If he survives the final cuts, maybe he could do the same for us.

diefree666

Reaction score
If it does not work out at OL, try him at DE. Just waving his arms would block off at least a third of the field from the QB being able to throw to.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Never got over what he did to The Waterboy

Meaney.jpg

LOL -- Well, that speaks volumes in terms of his mean streak . . . ;)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it does not work out at OL, try him at DE. Just waving his arms would block off at least a third of the field from the QB being able to throw to.
David Irving still has more reach than Skipper due to his incredible arm length.

Skipper 6'9-1/2", Arm 33"

Irving 6'7", Arm 38"

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
He may not stick, but I'm nick naming him the Mountain.

Nice Game of Thrones reference......if that's what you meant.

He is a Mountain of a man, only problem I have with him is his feet. He always has had a problem with his feet against a speed rusher on the outside, probably why they are trying him out at guard. He's not a guard, he's most likely a RT, which is where they are trying him out right now.

He didn't get drafted cause of the tape. I would like to see him on the practice squad and let him work out some of his obvious issues.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I see no way he gets enough bend to be an effective blocker but it will fun to see him try.