Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign OT Cameron Fleming

CCBoy

Reaction score
Good signing. Sorry Jerry! I take it all back.......for about 10 minutes! Now signed Bowman and Suh!!!

The Cowboys were in the market for a true free safety, but the asking price for Pro Bowler Earl Thomas of a first- and third-round pick by the Seattle Seahawks was simply too high, according to sources.

The Cowboys didn't deem any of the other safeties on the market, including Kenny Vaccaro, Eric Reid and Tyrann Mathieu (who signed with the Houston Texans) proper fits because their specialties are playing in the box, closer to the line of scrimmage.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article206817299.html#storylink=cpy

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He's still the starter barring a significant draft pick.
It is 1.5M more Byron Bell's one year deal last year, so it is conceivably in the ball park of a swing tackle. A rich one, but still not outlandish.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'm curious what Waddle got. I just checked and haven't been able to find the numbers.

It's possible that teams just aren't sure what to make of either guy. Are they starters or just solid backups?
So far only says that LaAdrian Waddle got a 1 year deal. I suspect it's in the $2 million area, but just an educated guess.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm surprised we're getting any amount of quality with such team-friendly deals. Hurns and Fleming both seem to warrant a higher salary, but they still signed with us.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Upper end swing tackle type money.

Just a shade above what Andre Smith got from the Bengals last year.

Seems like a pretty good deal considering there certainly is plenty of reason to believe he is an upper end swing tackle at the minimum, and for a team that is already loaded with All Pro players on the O-Line, he may well fit nicely as a starter.

Alexander

Reaction score
Fleming's contract for a young player with starting experience is pretty solid if you compare it to like contracts. For example, the Texans gave RT Breno Giacomini a one year $2.75M deal and he was 31 years old last year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Cowboys were in the market for a true free safety, but the asking price for Pro Bowler Earl Thomas of a first- and third-round pick by the Seattle Seahawks was simply too high, according to sources.

The Cowboys didn't deem any of the other safeties on the market, including Kenny Vaccaro, Eric Reid and Tyrann Mathieu (who signed with the Houston Texans) proper fits because their specialties are playing in the box, closer to the line of scrimmage.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article206817299.html#storylink=cpy

Well, one of our primary issues at safety last year was finding one who was any good at run support, which is ultimately why Frazier got playing time. I would not have dismissed the in-the-box safeties as long as they came at a price where we are not locking into them. If the price isn't high, they could always be relegated to backup roles or cut if we end up with better options.

Alexander

Reaction score
It is safe to assume that they won't move Collins as speculated. This contract pretty much makes that so.

If it didn't work out with Fleming, they are going to waste a whole camp with Collins at guard then jerk him back to RT? I don't think that is in the cards.

This is them paying for a swing tackle/draft insurance more than renting a starting RT for a year.