Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Andy Dalton

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you are over exaggerating. No one hear on either side of the fence looks at Dalton as a Dak replacement. I can't speak for anyone but I've said in this thread I'm glad they have him to go to if Dak gets hurt as opposed to Cooper Rush. I wouldn't have signed him but its a upgrade. Solid signing. The issue I'm having is the inaccuracies and lies being posted. Even the trolling isn't bothersome. You know that's going to come with the territory. Trolling.

I'm confused so what are you debating here? Are you debating Andy Dalton v Dak? I thought this was about whether or not Dalton sucks but somehow this has turned into what Dalton does and what Dak doesn't. I'm not interested in a Dak v Dalton argument. Its a joke. Especially with people who haven't even seen Dalton play lol. You can't talk to me about Dalton when he has a 0-4 post season record against the Texans, Chargers and Colts.

Once a player is on the team...they should rightfully contest for the position. Just like Dak got to do. Romo wasn't ordained as supreme starter and neither should Dak. Or anyone.

It's not something that can be decided NOW, of course. Moving forward, they BETTER start the best one they have. I make no statement on who that should be because I don;t rightly know.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Ya well we also had a top ten rated D last season that only gave up 20 points a game decent enough to have been better than 8-8 for the season, we were also ranked 6th in the league in 2018

Let me know when they aren’t the worst at turnovers. Which is the most important defensive stat by far.

nobody

Reaction score
It's kind of funny that it's a TEAM game if the losses make one QB look bad, but for the other QB the losses are all on him.

Dak's the better QB and should be the starter. Dalton should back up him... but to defend Dak with the argument of it was't Dak's fault, it's a team game and all those losses were on Dalton is biased and silly.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Let me know when they aren’t the worst at turnovers. Which is the most important defensive stat by far.

Stop with the Dak excuses. Every time I see a Dak defender it's always someone else's fault and Dak should be paid because he is Dak. Well, Dak didn;t do **** in several games last season which could have had Dallas in the playoffs, the most important being against Philly at the end of the season.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I think you are over exaggerating. No one hear on either side of the fence looks at Dalton as a Dak replacement. I can't speak for anyone but I've said in this thread I'm glad they have him to go to if Dak gets hurt as opposed to Cooper Rush. I wouldn't have signed him but its a upgrade. Solid signing. The issue I'm having is the inaccuracies and lies being posted. Even the trolling isn't bothersome. You know that's going to come with the territory. Trolling.

I'm confused so what are you debating here? Are you debating Andy Dalton v Dak? I thought this was about whether or not Dalton sucks but somehow this has turned into what Dalton does and what Dak doesn't. I'm not interested in a Dak v Dalton argument. Its a joke. Especially with people who haven't even seen Dalton play lol. You can't talk to me about Dalton when he has a 0-4 post season record against the Texans, Chargers and Colts.

I'm debating his record in comparison to Dak's vs his cost, Dalton is a better deal. it's everyone else who keeps bringing up stats 1st. I have yet to bring up stats 1st in any of my posts but i have responded to those who do in kind

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Absolutely love the move! Hopefully this pushes Dak to work harder. If he doesn’t lead us to at least the second round of the playoffs don’t pay him... it’s just that simple.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
If by “decent receivers” you mean AJ Green who was a top 3 receiver in the entire league. Then yes they had “decent receivers”.

The bengals runnin game was nothing special. But they had VERY GOOD receivers and by the way, they had better defenses than Dak Prescott has ever had.

The bengals defenses were very good the years they made the playoffs. Very good. Better than anything the cowboys have had in a while.
Dont do this man

Are you really trying to say that Bengals team is better than the Cowboys teams Dak has played on?

Dalton also played in the tough AFC North. Much better division that the crap the Cowboys play in

HungryLion

Reaction score
Stop with the Dak excuses. Every time I see a Dak defender it's always someone else's fault and Dak should be paid because he is Dak. Well, Dak didn;t do **** in several games last season which could have had Dallas in the playoffs, the most important being against Philly at the end of the season.

I’m not making Dak excuses. I’m not talking about Dak’s several games from last season.

I’m just arguing against the idea that Dalton didn’t have a very good team around him the years they were to the playoffs. Because the Bengals did have a good team.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Dont do this man

Are you really trying to say that Bengals team is better than the Cowboys teams Dak has played on?

Dalton also played in the tough AFC North. Much better division that the crap the Cowboys play in

It’s mind boggling how all of a sudden the Bengals have been a better team than the Cowboys in recent years - just to “validate” their points.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dont do this man

I’m not arguing that Dalton has a better team.

I’m just arguing against the idea that Dalton didn’t have a good team around him the years they went to the playoffs. Those bengals teams were good teams. Yes a tough division but still good Bengals teams.

that’s all

I like the Dalton signing as a back up. I do

But Dalton also did choke in some of those playoff games. It wasn’t because his team wasn’t good enough. He made horrible decisions, turned the ball over a bunch, missed throws, etc.

Put Dalton on the cowboys and have him with the same playoff performances. 1 Td to 6 Ints. Everybody here would be roasting him regardless of supporting cast and you know it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It’s mind boggling how all of a sudden the Bengals have been a better team than the Cowboys in recent years - just to “validate” their points.

Nobody said recent years. Talking about the years they made the playoffs. Which wasn’t recent.

Work on your reading comprehension. So you don’t look like an idiot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nobody said recent years. Talking about the years they made the playoffs. Which wasn’t recent.

Work on your reading comprehension. So you don’t look like an idiot.
Its easier for them to play dumb than come to the discussion with a valid point.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Anyone trying to argue that this is a bad move needs to get blessed off of this Dak religion.

• First of all, as many mentioned QB2 is finally relevant even with a signed Dak. It gives us insurance just in case Dak gets hurt. No more worrying about next man up and your options are —DiNucci or Rush!
  • We don’t go into the season without a QB1 and Dalton can provide that. I don’t care what people say whether Dak/Dalton is better. The fact that this conversation is coming up makes me happy. Imagine Rush as our day 1 starter. Lol. You guys need to get over it!
  • Stephen said at the the right price that benefits Dak and the Team. So, I still think Dak is signed but on those terms and with the ball back in the FO’s court. Dallas wants him and he wants to be here. I say Dak is more inclined to sign now.