Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Andy Dalton

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo was. Romo just got hurt and Dak won 13 games....if Dak had won 8 games they would've gave Romo back his spot.

Here's the thing about that and i will argue it forever. Anyone who wants to say that Dak (as a rookie) was a better QB than Romo, knows absolutely nothing about football...period! And if you are trying to win a championship then your best players play when healthy, the Cowboys didn't do that in 2016. Dak had a great rookie season but as good as it was he wasn't even close to being the QB Romo was at the time and if you are trying to win you play your best players. I don't care if Romo came back and got hurt again in 2 games, he was still the better QB. We sold out our season in 2016 to play a rookie QB who took a loaded team to 13-3 (really doing nothing but handing off to Zeke and throwing 5 yard outs) and expected that rookie to do something that has never been done in the history of the NFL and that was to win a championship. The Cowboys front office and JG sold us out that season

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I've been posting this Andy highlight video....I'm pretty sure SOME people are ignoring it. I don't think they want to see some of the nice throws Andy makes.

Having said that....even without AJ....there's some really sweet catches by receivers there. And LOTs of RAC yards.

You can post a highlight reel of Cooper Rush if you wanted to. I'm not saying that means Dalton sucks but it just means nothing. And for the record I don't think anyone is saying Dalton can't play. He's a capable backup who can fill in for a few games. I'd rather have signed him than drafted Jalen Hurts in the 2nd round that's for sure.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is not yet as good as young Andy Dalton was.

I'm not sure which would move the team better and score in the red zone this year.

Both are average quarterbacks today.

Dalton is more likely to get hurt now. Dak moves better. Who has the better arm at this point?

Not sure.

You could check this and get some indicator. I make no claim just see if you have enough to decide:

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I didn’t start the insults. You came into a conversation without actually understanding it, saying dumb nonsense and then calling other people triggered.

again, work on your reading comprehension or, better yet. Don’t jump into conversations unless you actually understand what’s being said. I know that will limit the amount of conversations you can engage in. But it is what it is.

Calling someone triggered is an insult? You called me an idiot after my initial post. So who insulted who first? Sorry go back to your safe space.

I’ll go back to reading my Dr Seuss books.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Here's the thing about that and i will argue it forever. Anyone who wants to say that Dak (as a rookie) was a better QB than Romo, knows absolutely nothing about football...period! And if you are trying to win a championship then your best players play when healthy, the Cowboys didn't do that in 2016. Dak had a great rookie season but as good as it was he wasn't even close to being the QB Romo was at the time and if you are trying to win you play your best players. I don't care if Romo came back and got hurt again in 2 games, he was still the better QB. We sold out our season in 2016 to play a rookie QB who took a loaded team to 13-3 (really doing nothing but handing off to Zeke and throwing 5 yard outs) and expected that rookie to do something that has never been done in the history of the NFL and that was to win a championship. The Cowboys front office and JG sold us out that season
The players on the team rallied behind Romo as did the coaches. That's all I needed to know about who was better in 2016....its a sad reality but it is reality.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I've been posting this Andy highlight video....I'm pretty sure SOME people are ignoring it. I don't think they want to see some of the nice throws Andy makes.

Having said that....even without AJ....there's some really sweet catches by receivers there. And LOTs of RAC yards.

Andy Dalton is a decent QB. I have never once said he wasn’t. I have also said like 5 times that I liked the signing of him as a back-up. Just not as a starter.

I have seen him have some very good games. His biggest problem is consistency. He will also have really awful stretches where he turns the ball over a ton and makes poor decisions.

But as a back-up? He is instantly one of the best back-ups in the league. I love having him as a backup.

Swagger

Reaction score
Your very confused if you believe that. Go ahead and checkout his rushing game for those 1st 5 years. here i will do it for you. teams leading rusher

2011 Cedrick Benson..1067 yards 3.8 YPC
2012 BenJarvis Green Ellis 1084 yards 3.9 YPC
2013 BenJarvis Green Ellis 784 yards 3.4 YPC.
2014 Jeremy Hill 1124 yards 5.1 YPC....1st decent back and rushing game he had
2015 Jeremy Hill 794 yards 3.6 YPC

* they also had Giovanni Bernard tossing in some yards in a couple of those seasons but generally speaking he didn't add anymore than the 450 yards Pollard threw in as Zeke's backup this year

So tell me how do you think Dak does with any of these guys in his backfield instead of Zeke or tell me which one of these guys you would take over Zeke. They had decent recievers and a pretty good TE and a terrible O-Line not even close to the one we have, yet still went to the playoffs 5 straight years

Spot on.

People conveniently forget about the oline and running game because it's completely irrelevant to how a QB plays :facepalm:

It's not like Prescott has had two future Hall of Fame and an All Pro offensive lineman buying him time and one of the best running backs/a top 5 draft pick behind him and a first round pick to throw the ball to!

Apologies for the turn of phrase but the reality is that some people on here are just brain dead.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
I can tell you this.

Andy Dalton is going in there without a signed Dak trying to (as many players like to say), “Make the best of this opportunity.” He’s definitely not going out without a fight and if Dak isn’t signed much earlier than later in the season, he’s your QB1.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Although I'm not a big lamenter about it...I also agree that Romo was the better QB.....mostly because Dak gave him time to fully heal instead of playing hurt like he did many many times. Playing hurt gets you more hurt.
Tony's last drive was proof of what he could have done with this team. Instead we kept a mid-round rookie out of....superstition.

I don;t dwell on it....just how I feel about it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Calling someone triggered is an insult? You called me an idiot after my initial post. So who insulted who first? Sorry go back to your safe space.

I’ll go back to reading my Dr Seuss books.

That’s what happens when you come into a conversation, and completely misconstrue what somebody is saying so that you can take a shot at them and accuse them of twisting things.

Perhaps you shouldn’t twist people’s arguments into something they are not, just so you can accuse them of twisting facts to validate their points.

It’s dishonest which is why you got called out on it.

Sorry for calling you an idiot, but don’t accuse other people of twisting things, when in fact you have no idea what their argument even is. You just did that so you could call out “ dak fanboys”. As if that doesn’t have a negative connotation to it and could be taken as an insult.

Jipper

Reaction score
Love the signing...:great to have a very good backup:

And the dak bashing is getting old....he’s going to be our qb for the foreseeable future and whether you love or hate him that’s not changing....might as well get behind him

Swagger

Reaction score
What's the point having good receivers if the QB has a poor oline?

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Huh? Marvin Lewis wasn't nearly as bad as JG. He was making playoffs before Dalton even went to TCU.......

Yup his career 132-121 win loss rrecord (518 win percentage) and 0-7 in the playoffs screams exceptional head coach LOL. At least JG 85-67 win loss record ( 559 win percentage) was 2-3 in the playoffs as a head coach

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can post a highlight reel of Cooper Rush if you wanted to. I'm not saying that means Dalton sucks but it just means nothing. And for the record I don't think anyone is saying Dalton can't play. He's a capable backup who can fill in for a few games. I'd rather have signed him than drafted Jalen Hurts in the 2nd round that's for sure.

Of course it means something. How the f you suppose to evaluate a player? By NOT watching any video? I think you;ve lost your mind about this. You're making up MY intentions in your head, then arguing those. You've go me all wrong and I don;t know why....other than you've lost your mind and nitpicking over every single thing with your fake arguments.

WHat do you think my point was? Cut Dak and start Andy? Never said that so just stop. There's plenty of other "dak haters" you can this crap to.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
If you put the rookie on the PS now he will be gone. He had enough interest Dallas had to draft him. So, if he can beat Rush out you keep 3?

morat1959

Reaction score

Nice!

MojaveJT

Reaction score
That’s what happens when you come into a conversation, and completely misconstrue what somebody is saying so that you can take a shot at them and accuse them of twisting things.

Perhaps you shouldn’t twist people’s arguments into something they are not, just so you can accuse them of twisting facts to validate their points.

It’s dishonest which is why you got called out on it.

I’ve been jumped in on convos before too. This thread has too many pages to read all comments and I apologize if I missed your previous posts. I usually “like” your posts too.

erod

Reaction score
You could check this and get some indicator. I make no claim just see if you have enough to decide:

Every QB has a highlight reel, but the ball does come out quick with touch from him. I really liked him coming out of TCU.

Dak is so average that this is intriguing at least.

A big contract and a bad game will bring the boo birds for Dak. The honeymoon is over.

Last edited: