Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Jerrod Johnson

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
But those who understand will say that they're hopeful the waiver wire produces a better option than Davis, whom they didn't want to guarantee anything.

I dont care who they pick up. If we have to go to this 3rd QB, whomever he is, the season is full toast. I hope we can at least agree on that one.

Or would you still be on "we will be fine" mode even then?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I can't remember for sure but I think I saw him play a little in the latter part of Balt's last preseason game. If I remember correctly, he looked decent.

erod

Reaction score
I dont care who they pick up. If we have to go to this 3rd QB, whomever he is, the season is full toast. I hope we can at least agree on that one.

We'll be fine if, and only if, Romo returns and can play at the level of 2014 again. Otherwise, this is a developmental season only.

You're the one ready to bronze Dak for Canton after two preseason games.

strollinruss

Reaction score

Oh my goodness, we agree on this one. Except for if they got him holding FG attempts.

robjay04

Reaction score
This team is proving that they refuse to make the same mistakes as last season. They are not going to go out and overpay for a veteran that may only be marginally better than what we had.

Chances are, if we are down to our third QB, it doesn't matter who is our QB, we are done. It doesn't matter if it's Mark Sanchez or Showers so we might as well roll with someone who we developed and like enough in practice.

Watch them trade for some aging vet as I type this...

erod

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Showers does enough tonight to keep the job for himself.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We'll be fine if, and only if, Romo returns and can play at the level of 2014 again. Otherwise, this is a developmental season only.

You're the one ready to bronze Dak for Canton after two preseason games.
Yep, while we're all excited from what we've seen in preseason the hype is over the top for Dak with the comparisons to Pro Bowl and Super Bowl QB's. A few weeks ago we didn't even know if he was the 2nd best QB in camp.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This team is proving that they refuse to make the same mistakes as last season. They are not going to go out and overpay for a veteran that may only be marginally better than what we had.

Chances are, if we are down to our third QB, it doesn't matter who is our QB, we are done. It doesn't matter if it's Mark Sanchez or Showers so we might as well roll with someone who we developed and like enough in practice.

Watch them trade for some aging vet as I type this...
We aren't desperate yet . Now if we can't win without Romo we might hit the panic button.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We signed a QB!

It is who?

HBXg3KQ.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My biggest concern is this situation could ruin Dak. Not only his confidence but our perception of him.

If have a horrid record like we did last year without Romo which is a good possibility we'll be looking in the draft again for a QB.

Worst of all we'll be bringing Romo back too soon or looking for another Cassel deal,

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If things get real ugly Jerry might even get desperate enough to bring in Manziel.