Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Luke McCown

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This might not be a popular opinion but I think Kaepernick would be an excellent backup for Dak. His athleticism is similar. He's a seasoned veteran with Super Bowl experience. He can step in if Dak misses a game. No doubt he could help us win. If I'm not mistaken, he said he is willing to play backup and he won't kneel any more. He would be a nice fit here. What do you guys think? Please no politics -- I don't want to cause controversy -- I just want honest takes on who would be a good backup signing. If not Kaep, give me your suggestions. I'm not sure Kellen Moore is the answer.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
This might not be a popular opinion but I think Kaepernick would be an excellent backup for Dak. His athleticism is similar. He's a seasoned veteran with Super Bowl experience. He can step in if Dak misses a game. No doubt he could help us win. If I'm not mistaken, he said he is willing to play backup and he won't kneel any more. He would be a nice fit here. What do you guys think? Please no politics -- I don't want to cause controversy -- I just want honest takes on who would be a good backup signing. If not Kaep, give me your suggestions. I'm not sure Kellen Moore is the answer.
No to Kaep......he can't help us win

CACowboy714

Reaction score
I'd be on board with Kaepernick as well...would be a good fit as a backup. The offensive talent we have is like night and day compared to the last two years in SF; I think he would do well if he had to step in for Dak.

Aven8

Reaction score
The Jacksonville, TX boys have been stealing money for years.........

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
McCown is another camp arm. Everyone knows this is our real backup :starspin:
cowboys-romo.jpg

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Kap is getting blackballed. He certainly regressed but he's capable of stealing a game or two for you as a backup.

agk136

Reaction score
Could it be teams believe Kap would be a cancer in the locker room? There has to be more to it since teams aren't making a move for him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cancer isn't enough?

Hasn't stopped teams in the past.....how many teams did TO go to before they realized he was a cancer? Kapernick is no cancer. He's being made a example out of. Sucks for him. To watch guys like Austin Davis and any McCown get a job before him is just simply disrespectful to the fans of this league and to him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

If people do not want him to start I get it. Otoh, there is no football justification to not bringing him in as a backup quarterback.

He is not turnover prone, has arm talent, throws with accuracy, and has running talent.

He needs talent around him to have top level success but there are not 50 more talented and skilled quarterbacks in the league.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This might not be a popular opinion but I think Kaepernick would be an excellent backup for Dak. His athleticism is similar. He's a seasoned veteran with Super Bowl experience. He can step in if Dak misses a game. No doubt he could help us win.

All in all, there are so many sides to the Kaepernick thing and most people do not understand it.

One, he is not that great. He is not for every team.

Two, you have to prepare for him and design a scheme that fits him.

Three, the player clearly wants to play on his own terms. At no time, has he ever come out and laid it all out that he is committed to football. So, nobody is even bothering. I do not get the sense he just wants a job. He wants his job.

Is that fair, no. But honestly, I don't think he wants to play as badly as those that are taking up his cause want him to play.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Hasn't stopped teams in the past.....how many teams did TO go to before they realized he was a cancer? Kapernick is no cancer. He's being made a example out of. Sucks for him. To watch guys like Austin Davis and any McCown get a job before him is just simply disrespectful to the fans of this league and to him.
And look how TO was just selected to the HoF... no wait... :lmao2:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Americans love symbolic rage. That's what I feel about the Kap protest and subsequent "blackballing."
Nevertheless, I agree with Alexander. I hate to say it, but Kap simply had not developed his game. He was still too much of a running quarterback.
When Harbaugh left, there went his chance at developing as a quarterback.
I think he's worth being a backup. But in Dallas? It would be the Tebow effect, and we really don't need that.