Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Luke McCown

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hasn't stopped teams in the past.....how many teams did TO go to before they realized he was a cancer? Kapernick is no cancer. He's being made a example out of. Sucks for him. To watch guys like Austin Davis and any McCown get a job before him is just simply disrespectful to the fans of this league and to him.

It is not as black and white as you think, even though I can see it every day on social media.

Random clod QB gets signed to be a camp arm--

The whole thing goes down to if (and yes, that is a legitimate question}, he wants to play.

You see players like Daryl Washington begging for a job. He has pretty much been silent throughout this process and allowed others to take up his cause and recognize his "struggle".

With Kaepernick, the social justice warriors on social media do all the of the talking for him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How is that going to cause problems in the locker room?

Your obsequious attitude towards law enforcement is interesting but considering most of the room are minorities under the age of 29 I don't find your assertion credible.

NFL players are not like you.
Maybe you don't remember this sticker and how it doesn't jive with inviting Kaep to the Cowboys locker room.

arm_in_arm_1470944889525_5083099_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Them

Reaction score
...McCown is a good sign...a vet that's been in the league since 2004...He's been around, most recently as a b/u QB for Brees.

Romo will never play in the NFL again!...IMMHO of course.

Kaepernick will never be a Cowboy!...IMMHO of course.

All in all...Fascinating!...
mellow.png

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Rather than move the needle, I think he gave his career the needle... By opting out rather than in on his contract, its pretty obvious he overestimated his value to the other teams in the league.

Opted out. Would have been cut anyway. He did the franchise a favor by not forcing them to make a move which would have been criticized. Same financials either way.

Not exhibiting a good understanding of his contract there, surfy.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
They had to do something. The season's a little more than a month away and somebody's gotta line up under center against the Giants.
Your disdain for Dak is comical. He set rookie records last year and played flawless. I've thought about it and your nothing more than someone that Is pessimistic so you can point out his mistakes when he makes them, and he will, all QB's do. He's one of the greatest up and coming players in the league. Everyone loves Dak but you don't, you want someone else. WHY? You just want to be different and get a few likes from people that ignore his accomplishments. The only reason you do this is just to be different and its really pretty dumb. A true fan would support Dak and appreciate what he's done. You either think he's a one year wonder or you dislike him just to be different. I think you do this to get attention. With what Dak has done, you have no reason not to like him. Maybe you wanted someone else and can't admit you were wrong. If your waiting for him to make a mistake so you can crow about it your just looking for a reason to validate why you were really wrong to begin with. I think you won't admit you were wrong. Now you can give me one of your powerful one liners about how important you are and why so and so is better than Dak. You need to support Dak or shut up....your little mind games get old. Being a poster that lives on here and posts every few minutes doesn't make your any more knowledgeable that a first time poster. Pathetic

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What does that have to do with anything lol? There's a lot of guys not in the HOF. A lot of deserving Cowboys too.
His play on the field merits HOF but he's not there because of the cancer he was in many locker rooms.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Americans love symbolic rage. That's what I feel about the Kap protest and subsequent "blackballing."
Nevertheless, I agree with Alexander. I hate to say it, but Kap simply had not developed his game. He was still too much of a running quarterback.
When Harbaugh left, there went his chance at developing as a quarterback.
I think he's worth being a backup. But in Dallas? It would be the Tebow effect, and we really don't need that.

Has Matthew Stafford developed his game? Has Blake Bortles? Ryan Tannenhill? Bad quarterback play all over the league.....

It is not as black and white as you think, even though I can see it every day on social media.

Random clod QB gets signed to be a camp arm--

The whole thing goes down to if (and yes, that is a legitimate question}, he wants to play.

You see players like Daryl Washington begging for a job. He has pretty much been silent throughout this process and allowed others to take up his cause and recognize his "struggle".

With Kaepernick, the social justice warriors on social media do all the of the talking for him.

He hasn't been silent. He went to Seattle. He's spoken and had people speak for him. There's nothing he can say or do at this point. Actually, I'd say his best bet is to be quiet. That's what everyone wants him to do anyway.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His play on the field merits HOF but he's not there because of the cancer he was in many locker rooms.

OK......? But you said being a cancer is enough to not get a job in this league? I was just saying being a cancer hasn't stopped teams in this league from signing guys. Whether it stops guys from joining the Hall is another story. Kap hasn't had a hall of fame career so he doesn't have that o worry about.

Your disdain for Dak is comical. He set rookie records last year and played flawless. I've thought about it and your nothing more than someone that Is pessimistic so you can point out his mistakes when he makes them, and he will, all QB's do. He's one of the greatest up and coming players in the league. Everyone loves Dak but you don't, you want someone else. WHY? You just want to be different and get a few likes from people that ignore his accomplishments. The only reason you do this is just to be different and its really pretty dumb. A true fan would support Dak and appreciate what he's done. You either think he's a one year wonder or you dislike him just to be different. I think you do this to get attention. With what Dak has done, you have no reason not to like him. Maybe you wanted someone else and can't admit you were wrong. If your waiting for him to make a mistake so you can crow about it your just looking for a reason to validate why you were really wrong to begin with. I think you won't admit you were wrong. Now you can give me one of your powerful one liners about how important you are and why so and so is better than Dak. You need to support Dak or shut up....your little mind games get old. Being a poster that lives on here and posts every few minutes doesn't make your any more knowledgeable that a first time poster. Pathetic

Its his shtick.....I wouldn't pay him any mind. He does it for likes at this point. I guess some users on this site find his schtick funny.

Don't underestimate this:
httwillp://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20171611/national-anthem-protests-no-1-reason-viewers-tuned-nfl-games
NFL is in business to make money. Lower ratings lead to lower advertising dollars which leads to reduced money from TV contracts.
I wonder how many stopped watching football because of all the woman beaters in the league last year?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Has Matthew Stafford developed his game? Has Blake Bortles? Ryan Tannenhill? Bad quarterback play all over the league.....

Stafford is in another league compared to Kap. Bortles has one more year to improve and if not, he's probably done. Tannehill? He's not great, but he doesn't rely on his feet and will stay in the pocket.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stafford is in another league compared to Kap. Bortles has one more year to improve and if not, he's probably done. Tannehill? He's not great, but he doesn't rely on his feet and will stay in the pocket.

Stafford is in another league? What league is that? Kapernick has been to the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl.....Stafford hasn't even SNIFFED that.
But my point isn't if Kap is better than these guys....you said Kap wasn't being signed because he never developed.....none of those guys have developed either. They do the same thing year in and year out.

I still find it funny, especially how angry users get because they either don't get his humor or tire of his humor and lash out at him.

I personally think its corny. Its his attempt and saving face after such a idiotic opinion. A opinion that came from.........his arm chair scouting skills. How great he thought Wentz would be his rookie year is about the only thing I find funny.

But I also understand there are users who do find it funny which is why he keeps doing it so fair enough.

bigbob

Reaction score
"On September 6, 2011, five days before the2011 regular season opener, Jacksonville announced they were cutting Garrard and that McCown would succeed him as starter for the season opener.[6] On September 18, 2011, McCown was benched after posting the lowest passer rating (1.8) for a starting quarterback in Jaguars history.[7]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_McCown

GO COWBOYS!:starspin:
I saw him play for N. O. In 2015 and he looked good.