Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign RB Royce Freeman

Rayman70

Reaction score
jerry-jones-cowboys-owner.gif

Rayman70

Reaction score
I bet Deuce Vaughn beats out Freeman. Just a hunch. This move was made for camp competition at the 3rd backup role.

Carson

Reaction score
I bet Deuce Vaughn beats out Freeman. Just a hunch. This move was made for camp competition at the 3rd backup role.
I think Deuce goes to the 4th/Special teams guy/Practice Squad

Youre likely looking at

RB1 Jonathan Brooks
RB2 Rico Dowdle
RB3 Royce Freeman

Freeman is a big dude, has 76 career games played. He has shown he can play in the league and people joke about this signing, but Freeman is a solid pass catcher and a legit pass protector.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's it, I'm now convinced the FO is blowing up this team on purpose. :facepalm: This guy is not even close to being a suitable replacement for what we had with Pollard. This team is going to be so bad this coming season. They are setting up McCarthy's firing perfectly.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Deuce goes to the 4th/Special teams guy/Practice Squad

Youre likely looking at

RB1 Jonathan Brooks
RB2 Rico Dowdle
RB3 Royce Freeman

Freeman is a big dude, has 76 career games played. He has shown he can play in the league and people joke about this signing, but Freeman is a solid pass catcher and a legit pass protector.
I hope your correct

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Prepare to bathe in the talent influx.

Spare me the pain and resign Ezekiel Elliott. This smells of Ronald Jones again. I told everyone it was a waste of a roster spot. Another RB that could not beat out the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd String RBs on any previous team he played.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Actually this move gives Dallas more RB 3 flexibility. Freeman proved he can play special teams very well last year.

Assuming a rookie is RB 1 and Dowdle is RB 2, the arrival of Freeman is bad news for Deuce Vaughn.
I agree with your perspective on the RBs. Deuce is going to be a PS guy.

Carson

Reaction score
Spare me the pain and resign Ezekiel Elliott. This smells of Ronald Jones again. I told everyone it was a waste of a roster spot. Another RB that could not beat out the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd String RBs on any previous team he played.
Ronald Jones sucked in pass protection. Jones also did not play special teams.

Freeman is one of the better pass blocking and also is great on special teams.

Carson

Reaction score
Keep drinking the kool aid :lmao:
Nobody it’s pounding their chest over an RB3 possibly RB4.

But one 11 pages of uneducated, rambling (myself included in this) it’s baffling. I followed him in college and in the NFL, so yeah, I may have a little more faith in him.

He blocks, plays special teams and can start when needed and is cheap. What else does your RB3 needed?

Quit acting like we are saying we love this offseason and are better. We aren’t. But that doesn’t mean you have to find the negatives in everything.

rambo2

Reaction score
Actually this move gives Dallas more RB 3 flexibility. Freeman proved he can play special teams very well last year.

Assuming a rookie is RB 1 and Dowdle is RB 2, the arrival of Freeman is bad news for Deuce Vaughn.
He is a good power guy that gives them depth. He might make the team. We should get a good back in the draft and the rest will be playing for roster spots to make the team as the 2nd and 3rd backs.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I'm not gonna read all the responses but this is how I responded to some people on Facebook freaking out being sarcastic about this... So this is my general response..

Are people here this clueless, that they don’t understand that these players are camp bodies, they bring about 90 players in the camp and then roll out with the best 53 and 10 practice people that’s more than 30 players being cut off this team before September.
The draft has not even come yet and think this off-season is a failure, after the draft which I believe they will draft a premium running back,
They will go through camp and when they feel the need, they can add a veteran running back to this team(cook, zeke or others mentioned,) either before week one or after week one as to not gualtee thater deals, many will be available.

There is no reason to add the old veterans on this team for any of this basic off-season nonsense that is for the players who actually need it.
That’s like the people who think CD didn’t show up because he’s gonna hold out, even though he’s on the team for $17 million this year ,oh that’s right my Parson didn’t show up either for the 2nd season.

Is he holding out ?? how many veterans across the league showed up for the voluntary Camp? so many, im not looking it up, most of the veterans are doing their own thing right now.

They have their own off-season regiments with individual trainers and coaches,
so people could be upset about camp bodies and bringing in more bodies. Hell you don’t even even know this guy could turn out to be really great, but that is not why they brought them here, they’re bringing in camp bodies to do all the camps they need more bodies. They need more legs because the veterans are not going to show up for a lot of these little camps..

You don’t understand , casual fans are upset,yet other teams aren’t doing it. Yes, they are. I’ve seen so many signings of players I don’t even know their names , all around the league…

Can we calm down and relax ??? you do not understand $1 billion NFL team just because you play madden and fantasy football and watch the games and discuss it with your buddies while you’re drunk
And before you say it, we have not had a lot of plyoff success blah blah blah 28 years blah!!

YET , they have won 36 games, 2 division titles, been too the playoff 3 times in a row the last three years.

also been to the playoffs five times in the last eight years with Prescott healthy.

Literally they have a handle on what they’re doing whether you like it or not and feel like you could do a better job.. they’ve been a top 16 the last three years..

FYI,

Again ,I realize we want more success, but stop acting like they don’t know how to run training camp and preseason and get a roster built. They will have it ready before game one.. that would be five months from now, but hey, let’s keep the daily complaining going because there are a lot of casuals who like to whine.
IF you think they could do a better job,

Well scrape together your $10 billion and wait about a decade before you can get in line to own a franchise and then we’ll see how well you do lmao...
It’s OK for fans to show their delight and disdain with equal enthusiasm. Why does it bother you one way or the other?