Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign S Damontae Kazee

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If we are doing these one year deals, we still need to draft the replacement players.

One year free agent contracts are for bridge players. None of these guys are stopping us from drafting a player at their positions, but now we don't *have* to.

iu

fivetwos

Reaction score
They probably took the smart road here.

If they signed injury prone Hooker to solve the S problem and he got hurt before seeing the field, he would get crap for that also.

I don't agree with counting on the draft but the players they can add that way are better than what is left in FA.

No one is gonna go root for another team so it is what it is.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Hoping we still sign Hooker as well, but I doubt they will.

Quinn bringing in all his old players. I don’t recall his defenses in Atlanta being anything special, but Neal and Kazee are def upgrades for us.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
If this guy is healthy you guys are way underestimating this signing. This kid can play and is the best FS that we have had in years. If he proves that he is healthy, he’ll get a long term deal next year and you guys will love him. Book it!!

plymkr

Reaction score
How was tge falcons D last year? We seem to have taken their safeties?
Remember when we came back from 10 points down with like 2 minutes left. Cooper running up the field untouched. Yeah, we upgraded the position for sure but I'd still like to address safety and CB in the draft for longer term security.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This makes sense on a lot of levels. Kazee is the cover safety Dallas needs to pair with Donovan Wilson. He can also play corner in the nickel. Now the Cowboys can leave Keanu Neal at linebacker and keep Jayron Kearse as a backup.

We've been wanting a makeover at safety for years and we're finally getting it. I would rather guys like Kazee and Neal got more than one year deals; but with the cap being smaller this year this is expected.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
If we are doing these one year deals, we still need to draft the replacement players.
Agreed. The cap will shoot up next year so they could have room to resign guys that’s why so many guys around the league doing one year deals. Knowing they’ll get paid hopefully next year.