Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign S Damontae Kazee

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now the secondary has 4 ballhawks now in: Kazee, Lewis, Wilson n Diggs. There staying true to acquiring guys who take the ball away, so that's a good start. All that's left is to add a starting CB (1st round) and stout competition at FS (2nd-3rd round).

Because truly good defenses are built from the back to the front.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
But we never sign a free agent once they have left the building, but the Jones boys must have low balled him again like we always do, but we never try and upgrade the safety position, but it's sad when a free agent would pick the Jets/Lions over the Cowboys, but it sucks to bring in scrubs so you don't have to reach for players a specific positions, but ....

What the hell is going on around here?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I take it Quinn didn’t want a repeat of our secondary last season where guys couldn’t even line up correctly?

Can't really say Kazee is the solution to this problem, but getting rid of a bum like Mike Nolan might be the ticket.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Because truly good defenses are built from the back to the front.
No doubt, they have work to do upfront actually the whole front 7 still needs work, on top of the secondary. Sheesh, this team has a lot of work to do.

conner01

Reaction score
If we are doing these one year deals, we still need to draft the replacement players.
I’m hoping that’s exactly what we do
But these one year deals do take the pressure to reach off
The particular players aside it’s not a bad plan if you do as you say, draft their replacement

conner01

Reaction score
yes, signing a SS who will play LB, a ST player and a FS coming off major injury to a one year deal demonstrates how much the team values the safety position

man, this board, some days

you can’t make it up
One year deals aren’t much of a commitment
I’m betting if you told a woman you were committing to one year she wouldn’t see that as much of a commitment lol
But a second round pick would sure be a smart move

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's hope Quinn has an admirably workable plan to improve the defense.
That's especially so in the draft, where solid additions would matter.:thumbup:

Last edited:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If we are doing these one year deals, we still need to draft the replacement players.
Probably a smart move, but the 1-year contracts could have option year. If a safety stays healthy and plays well, maybe we can exercise the option and then extend. I like several safeties in the mid rounds of the draft. Competition is good.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
The fact they are giving these Safeties 1-year deals tell me they still hope to address the backend via the draft, which is a good thing.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
The fact they are giving these Safeties 1-year deals tell me they still hope to address the backend via the draft, which is a good thing.
I think they will, but I think it is also about these guys not wanting to sign long term when we have the COVID cap going on.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Just to the constantly whiny haters like yourself.

I guess then your ability to comprehend or perception skills are amiss seeing as how in my post I specifically stated that while worried about signing secondary players from Atlanta when their secondary was inferior and in spite of the injury concerns both players showed flashed of quality play. Thereby I simply was stating it is a wait and see approach with the free agents which isn't negative or positive but neutral yet once again you contort people's words into a manner that you perceive as negative simply because people are not gloating to the high heavens about any and all free agent moves by Dallas.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I guess then your ability to comprehend or perception skills are amiss seeing as how in my post I specifically stated that while worried about signing secondary players from Atlanta when their secondary was inferior and in spite of the injury concerns both players showed flashed of quality play. Thereby I simply was stating it is a wait and see approach with the free agents which isn't negative or positive but neutral yet once again you contort people's words into a manner that you perceive as negative simply because people are not gloating to the high heavens about any and all free agent moves by Dallas.
No, it's negative.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
No, it's negative.

No, what is negative is your continued name calling of those who do not wear rainbow colored glasses so you label them haters and trolls as that is the cheap and easy approach rather than engage in meaningful dialogue with people. That said, you go your way and continue your behaviors in whatever way you seem fit.