Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign S Damontae Kazee

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Probably a smart move, but the 1-year contracts could have option year. If a safety stays healthy and plays well, maybe we can exercise the option and then extend. I like several safeties in the mid rounds of the draft. Competition is good.

When you have a one tract mind, the obvious, is not so obvious. We still have the draft, and the season is already over.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Idk if signing three players to one year deals qualify as “valuing” the safety position. Granted the 3 signings are the biggest FA signings this offseason. What they do in the draft will show me how much the position valued.
I guess the player gets no say. NFLPA probably has passed along a memo stating that shorter deals favor players on the "rise" or coming back from injury to cash in next year.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
We still have the draft, and veteran cuts to go. before throwing in the towel.

I did say probably, agreed not towel throwing time, at least not yet. As far as DTs go, not sure there's one there that would play even close to Pro Bowl level, this year at least. But ya never know!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I did say probably, agreed not towel throwing time, at least not yet. As far as DTs go, not sure there's one there that would play even close to Pro Bowl level, this year at least. But ya never know!

The the interior of the defense, must be addressed this year, or there may be a forum mutiny. There will be more than towel throwing going on.

Plankton

Reaction score
The concern that I would have with Kazee will be his ability to plant and drive on throws to the sideline(s). Not sure how the Achilles injury will impact his ability to do that post-recovery. Kazee wasn't exactly a burner prior to the injury, so any deficiency in his ability to plant/drive will be problematic. If healthy, he will be a significant upgrade from Woods in terms of being a playmaker. Couple that with his knowledge of the defense and the coach running it, and it's a solid signing. I would still look to bring in a FS type in the draft.

ESisback

Reaction score
crazy 5 days ago this place said the DC dont value the S position they sing Neal, Kearse, and Kazee ,add wilson who luvs contact id say we have a lot of competition in TC to find the best 2 to start..

..sure none are earl Thomas but 3 DL, 3 S, whats next. Maybe quinn has Jerrys ear right now and thats good..

draft still a month away !!
DT and LB!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Zeke should win that play every time Vs a FS.

So will every other RB in the league. But just because you are a FS, doesn't mean that you should get crushed on short yardage plays. He's small and that's liability in the run game.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
So will every other RB in the league. But just because you are a FS, doesn't mean that you should get crushed on short yardage plays. He's small and that's liability in the run game.

Zeke on that play should bull doze every FS in the league, if he covers the back end and make plays that's what we want out of him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That's not where he makes his money. he will lose that one every time. Funny though.

Yeah, I gotta say, I disagree on that one. Defense starts in the run game. If you can't stop that, you can't be a good Defense and that means everybody. I don't really want players who can't tackle. Everybody on the Defense needs to be able to tackle.

That's just how I see Defense, to be honest.