Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Dres Anderson

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's "significant" to me that they've only got three capable safeties.

It's also "significant" that they likely don't even have eight offensive linemen that can play.

It's "significant" to me that they rather use the space for a 20th receiver instead of where I see bigger needs.

A difference of opinion from yours I guess.

Whether they have enough safeties or not has nothing to do with this pick up, and has no bearing on whether they bring in another safety. Same for O-Line. This is a pick up of a player that no other team had signed and that had no history of even making an active roster, and is just intended to fill a spot in camp so they can run practices the way they want. Do you really think a player in that situation would be a big upgrade over what we already have in camp at safety or O-Line?

dwreck27

Reaction score
Our WR coach must have a lot of say we keep grinding through these WR FAs

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Whether they have enough safeties or not has nothing to do with this pick up, and has no bearing on whether they bring in another safety. Same for O-Line. This is a pick up of a player that no other team had signed and that had no history of even making an active roster, and is just intended to fill a spot in camp so they can run practices the way they want. Do you really think a player in that situation would be a big upgrade over what we already have in camp at safety or O-Line?

we need time to find out. So far the bar isnt that high, so if a player wants to give it a go and have a fair shot id rather bring them in now. DO you disagree with giving a player time?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Championship!
Did I win?!?
Yes, you won a "wondering" Jerry picture.
eTZcYId.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whether they have enough safeties or not has nothing to do with this pick up, and has no bearing on whether they bring in another safety. Same for O-Line. This is a pick up of a player that no other team had signed and that had no history of even making an active roster, and is just intended to fill a spot in camp so they can run practices the way they want.

It's one of 90 roster spaces used for receiver #20, rather than safety #4 or offensive linemen #9. This is a time for evaluation as well as simply "filling a spot". They're paper thin at safety and offensive line. And yet they're signing yet more wide receivers. I don't agree with the move.

Do you really think a player in that situation would be a big upgrade over what we already have in camp at safety or O-Line?

I think a player at safety has a better chance to contribute than no player does. And the same goes for offensive line.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Perhaps we are looking to trade a guy. Reports were Beasley was being shopped around. Not sure trade value wise if we get much though.
If their response to stock up in anticipation of a trade was signing this journeyman, they are doing it wrong.

The signing was simply due to Beasley, Thompson and Brown being unavailable. They had DEs to spare.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So you think the suggestion to bring in more safety depth versus another WR with almost no chance to make the team is proof that his opinion is not valid?

You know you can support the team without defending every move they make?
How can anyone not like them bringing in another player during camp for a look see?

mrmojo

Reaction score
Is this Flippers son? Wonder if the dad can still play.../s/

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we need time to find out. So far the bar isnt that high, so if a player wants to give it a go and have a fair shot id rather bring them in now. DO you disagree with giving a player time?

I assume you are talking about bringing in a safety. If so, I have no problem with them bringing in a safety so he has time, I'm just saying this signing of a receiver has no bearing on that. There is no correlation, so no reason to be upset about signing this guy instead of a receiver. Even so, I'm not really concerned with whether they bring in and give time to a safety that hasn't even been in anyone's training camp so far anyway. The odds of that guy being notably better than others we already have in camp is minute.

Anthonyscottua7

Reaction score
How many more WR's are we going to get? What about Safety? Or even a better backup to DAK at QB.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's one of 90 roster spaces used for receiver #20, rather than safety #4 or offensive linemen #9. This is a time for evaluation as well as simply "filling a spot". They're paper thin at safety and offensive line. And yet they're signing yet more wide receivers. I don't agree with the move.

I think a player at safety has a better chance to contribute than no player does. And the same goes for offensive line.

I believe they have 7 safeties in camp. The odds of finding someone notably better sitting at home that nobody previously even invited to training camp is very close to zero. The receiver may have just been signed to provide bodies to run patterns in passing drills. It takes a number of receivers to work on passing drills with 3 QBs. So, again, the point of this kind of signing is just meeting the need for bodies to work on things in training camp. There is no expectation of finding a meaningful player.