Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Dres Anderson

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then I'm misremembering something. The 79 game is the one that remains so bitter even today.
Damn Vince Ferragamo beat the Cowboys and Staubach completed the last pass of his career to.....Herb Scott.

That game sucked so bad. The Cowboys really overlooked the Rams that day.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damn Vince Ferragamo beat the Cowboys and Staubach completed the last pass of his career to.....Herb Scott.

Herb Scott has something to tell his grandkids though.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Yes, that's the 1979 game.

The next time we played the Rams in 1985, it was Landry's last playoff game and the Cowboys got shut out 20-0. Eric Dickerson ran all over them.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Read above. Again, we aren’t talking about the Cowboys going after a difference maker and being willing to pay for a mult-year, multi-million dollar contract. This was a move for a camp body. The Cowboys were willing to pay a minimum rate for a short term training camp player, and that has nothing to do with whether they would chose to pursue an established, high dollar veteran. It’s ridiculous to act as if they made a choice to pursue Anderson over a guy like that. A guy like that was not what they were looking for, and they didn’t turn away from a guy like that to sign Anderson. There is no correlation.

thats still fine, you dont know who might break out and who works well wtih certain teams. A camp body or a no namer might strike lightning. Laurent Robinson. Who expected him to take off.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Read above. Again, we aren’t talking about the Cowboys going after a difference maker and being willing to pay for a mult-year, multi-million dollar contract. This was a move for a camp body. The Cowboys were willing to pay a minimum rate for a short term training camp player, and that has nothing to do with whether they would chose to pursue an established, high dollar veteran. It’s ridiculous to act as if they made a choice to pursue Anderson over a guy like that. A guy like that was not what they were looking for, and they didn’t turn away from a guy like that to sign Anderson. There is no correlation.

i understand your point. but if we can find a gem, its worth having as much time as possible.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Then I'm misremembering something. The 79 game is the one that remains so bitter even today.
What cowboys postseason loss doesn’t seem bitter?

I started the year we lost to jake Plummer and it’s been a lot of postseason losses. I haven’t been aight with any of them. Only one I don’t really dwell over or dread rewatching is the beat down Carolina gave us in 04.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
What cowboys postseason loss doesn’t seem bitter?

I started the year we lost to jake Plummer and it’s been a lot of postseason losses. I haven’t been aight with any of them. Only one I don’t really dwell over or dread rewatching is the beat down Carolina gave us in 04.

I hear you.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i understand your point. but if we can find a gem, its worth having as much time as possible.

Sure that's logical, but if they could identify a gem out of the players that no team has had an interest in even bringing to camp to this point, that person wouldn't be sitting at home waiting for a phone call.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thats still fine, you dont know who might break out and who works well wtih certain teams. A camp body or a no namer might strike lightning. Laurent Robinson. Who expected him to take off.

Agreed that it was a surprise Robinson did so well, but Robinson was a 4 year veteran and wasn't sitting at home waiting for a call midway through training camp. He was in the Chargers training camp until final cuts, and the Cowboys weren't the only team interested in signing him.

At the end of the day, there is no way to know if some no name is capable of breaking out, so all teams can do is sign who they feel are the best players that will fit their training camp needs, and hopefully if there is someone who is capable of breaking out, it will show up. As it is, the Cowboys already have 8 safeties in TC, so they probably feel they have the best ones that are currently avaialable.