Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Thompson

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I could be way off on this but my thinking is that they may want a WR in the 1st. Keep Dez around for another year as the rookie gets some playing time. No way this guy is a replacement for Dez.

Hopefully it's LB or LG at 19 with WR at round 2 or 3.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
The point the FB was on the practice squad was 6 years ago, and was converting from college WR to FB. After 6 years playing FB in the NFL the fact he was once on the practice squad doesn't mean anything. And, by the way, Keith Smith was on the practice squad at one time too.

in other words we signed three JAGS. im only mentioning the practice squad bc we have history with these players, they left and we bring them back. meh. we are staying stagnant.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ridley? Man o man I hope not. BPA even with an OG.. Too many holes

I agree. We cannot afford a WR at 19 this year. I don't mind it later in the draft like round 3, but not at 19. We need someone who can solve a major problem at 19. A linebacker like Rashaan Evans or a guard like Hernandez or Wynn would solve a major problem for us. Evans would solve a problem that we have at LB, and we know what Hernandez or Wynn could do for us. WR would be a waste. We're not the Detroit Lions of 2005-2008.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hernandez likely will be our pick at 19 unless hes gone.

Hernandez will probably be there at 19. If not, then we should go Wynn, LB, or safety at 19. Though, if Vea somehow falls to 19, then that would definitely be the best pick in my mind.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I can almost guarantee you all if we don't sign a tackle or guard, 2 out of our first 3 picks will be for olineman. That's why I think its vital to sign Cameron Fleming like YESTERDAY. Plug that void at RT,move Collins to guard..thus filling two voids prior to draft day.

That would be the best case scenario. IF we can do that, then we can focus on our defense through the first 2 of 3 picks in the draft. If we do that, I'd love for it to go like this:

1. Rashaan Evans LB Alabama
2. Hercules Mata'afa DE Washington State
3. You probably know by now.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We're cookin with gas now folks. Must have filled the propane tank. A little good news. Yah, some gonna crap, some gonna clap, just don't clap with crap in your hand

i-sell-propane-and-propane-accessories.jpg

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I can almost guarantee you all if we don't sign a tackle or guard, 2 out of our first 3 picks will be for olineman. That's why I think its vital to sign Cameron Fleming like YESTERDAY. Plug that void at RT,move Collins to guard..thus filling two voids prior to draft day.

Yep. tend to think that's the front office thought too. Scary to think like the FO eh :)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Anyone actually ever watched Deonte Thompson play or even knew who he was before the Cowboys interest?

Maybe his career has been basically ruined because of the Bears and the Bills.

Hes in Dallas now with highly accurate Dak to turn this 29 yr old career stunted wr into starter status.

DT will push TW, Butler, Beasley, or Noah off the roster,, that I know, and I'm not joking about that.

kittylaugh.jpg

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There’s no maybe about it. DE and DT are needs.

That’s why they should sign a vet OL and not force yet another high round pick on an OL.

I agree. If we can get Fleming, then that means we can move Collins back to LG. Doing so would allow us to grab Evans at 19. If we don't, then I'm not opposed to Hernandez or Wynn at 19. However, if we do that, then the next 3 of 4 picks better be defense.