Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Thompson

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Exactly, I'm not arguing with you because it's a joke. It's not worth the argument or time spent on one. If it makes you feel better, I'm wrong.

:laugh:

I mean, this is uneal.

Lie to yourself if you must but don't lie to me. You were arguing with me quote obviously. You were trying to make the argument about me with ad hominem rather that what my argument was. You could have just ignored my argument. You chose to take a different route.

It's not unreal to me. It's pretty cliche that men do this type of thing.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
" and stop playing with yourself Kent'' - Jesus/Mitch
giphy.gif

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The entire movie had a bunch of great one liners. I guess that's why I have liked it for all of these years. I mean, it's just a silly movie but I still watch it every time it's on.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The entire movie had a bunch of great one liners. I guess that's why I have liked it for all of these years. I mean, it's just a silly movie but I still watch it every time it's on.
One of my personal top 10. Not going to lie.

Corso

Reaction score
I just went onto DirectTV and am downloading it now. I'm gonna watch it as soon as it's done. LOL.....
Oh no... This is going to end up in a quote-off, isn't it?
My soul... is ready.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What gratuitous nonsense. I suppose you and the curmudgeon crew are supposed to be Mozart?

And you guys call me arrogant.

The older Salieri was a slave to convention and was frustrated by Mozart's avante garde talent. I obviously support youth and prodigious work while I hardly slave myself to convention. Quite the opposite.

You also seem to miss the point of the conflict within Salieri in that while he was jealous he recognized and admired Mozart's work. That conflict is central to the story and character.

Frankly, your pseudo-intellectual pedantic fail here provides a nice touch of irony to your claim that I am not as smart as I think I am.

What I see from you reminds me of a different ancient Greek character: Sophocles. You both argue for a conclusion with no regard for the truth. Anyone reading your ranting over Dez Bryant and other players you are partisan towards or against can see that very clearly. I have been calling you a sophist for years at this point.

This is definitely the rantings of a wannabe smart guy:
  • avante garde talent
  • pseudo-intellectual pedantic
  • ancient Greek character: Sophocles
  • I have been calling you a sophist
  • players you are partisan towards
  • slave to convention
  • I obviously support youth and prodigious work
  • I hardly slave myself to convention

Corso

Reaction score
  • avante garde talent
  • slave to convention
2rbBahV.gif

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
  • avante garde talent
  • slave to convention

That makes sense if I were to use those terms incorrectly. My using them correctly doesn't say what you want it to say. Or are you trying to claim that smart people use simple vocabulary and phrasing? Your just whining because I use them in and of themselves.

OTOH, your use of the Salieri example incorrectly does speak to you with what you are getting at about me.

I do like how you are denigrating the use of multisyllables though. That does too.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It is interesting.

I have pointed out how X's method of making up unknowable stories to try and reach his conclusions was flawed sophistry.
I pointed out with NM how he his proposed method of restructuring as much as possible and spending up to the cap presented risk.

Now both of them follow me around the board and try to tell me I'm not smart; it's literally been years. It's an interesting form of compensation and obsession.

Corso

Reaction score
Oh!: Mitch, there's something you need to know. Compared to you, most people have the IQ of a carrot.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That makes sense if I were to use those terms incorrectly. My using them correctly doesn't say what you want it to say. Or are you trying to claim that smart people use simple vocabulary and phrasing? Your just whining because I use them in and of themselves.

OTOH, your use of the Salieri example incorrectly does speak to you with what you are getting at about me.

I do like how you are denigrating the use of multisyllables though. That does too.

Have a nice day Fuzzy.