Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing Anthony Barr

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Fine with me, but we were all hearing more money than that.
I hadn’t heard any money regarding Barr… but I didn’t expect much because his play and health didn’t dictate much. 7 years ago? Sure. Not lately.

to be fair though, I thought it would be a little more than that…. Which is why I didn’t want to sign him.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I hadn’t heard any money regarding Barr… but I didn’t expect much because his play and health didn’t dictate much. 7 years ago? Sure. Not lately.

to be fair though, I thought it would be a little more than that…. Which is why I didn’t want to sign him.
Barr is here because we have to stop the run, and we are making a solid run at it with what we have, Im good with Q signing off on his guys, and Barr would not be here if Q didnt want him here, so in other words,
lets just kick back and enjoy this defense, every move, every adjustment, Im all in with the defense.
The D is manifesting, the special teams will be better because of it, the offense is what is most polarizing, but different thread.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Barr is here because we have to stop the run, and we are making a solid run at it with what we have, Im good with Q signing off on his guys, and Barr would not be here if Q didnt want him here, so in other words,
lets just kick back and enjoy this defense, every move, every adjustment, Im all in with the defense.
The D is manifesting, the special teams will be better because of it, the offense is what is most polarizing, but different thread.
Quinn absolutely knows better than any of us about what his defense needs. If he signed off on Barr, then I’m all good with it. I’m just glad he was even cheaper than I thought he’d be.

And I do feel like he’ll be able to play a good part in whatever defense Quinn runs out there. If he’s on a snap count, he could be very effective and stay healthy.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
My reaction after reading this on twitter.......
shocked-faint.gif

LLLOOOLLL

CWR

Reaction score
I'm happy to get a run defender that can provide depth as well. I'm not sure what he has left, but between Parsons, LVE, Cox and Barr we look nice.

Now let's get an OT and a vet WR.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I don't get this signing, to be honest.

I didn't either, but I guess it means all our young talent at EDGE and LB isn't what it was hyped to be. We know this team is the first to say screw the vet, and ride the younger cheaper healthier player.

For what it's worth, Barr was never used right in Minnesota. We're not a full-time 3-4, but we do have that role in mind more now with Parsons and Quinn's scheme. Cowboys probably saw some added value too in him being used in a way he wasn't.