Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing Anthony Barr

quickccc

Reaction score
This signing improves the defense, but also acts as insurance policy if 1 of the starters goes down. It's a win/win situation especially considering the financial dollars.

i tend to think it's more of a totally all win for the Cowboys club, and so stunned we got him so very cheap, even if it's a one year deal.
Even incentive- laden, i cannot believe Barr would agree to something that seems so vet minimum based and then a rental year at that.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I don't care about this signing. Barr is a pass-rushing tweener. He might take away snaps from Sam Williams.

The Linebacker they should have signed is Bobby Wagner. Not Barr. He won't help out as much as what people think.
Wagner was the one guy I wanted this offseason. But he got $32M. Barr got $2M. It's not even close to the same thing. Barr can be a backup all year and still be worth it and he gives us a lot of flexibility even if not great at anything. The comparison isn't Wagner vs Barr, it's this team with Barr vs this team without Barr but with $2M more in cap space. I'll take the former.

Reactions: BAT

phildadon86

Reaction score
The team is better today then what it was yesterday. This would be a LA Rams type move. Think they did pretty good last year. A bit better then us.
LOL. Bobby Wagner or Anthony Barr....

This isn't an Rams move. This is a desperate teams move for depth because they refuse to spend in the first 4 weeks of FA.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hes coming off of injury. We need to keep the "bar" low PUN INTENDED. That said, I like the signing. Gives us a Vet with some nasty skills. This will only help the entire D. Lets just keep it in perspective. If he can give us 8-10 games this year, we did great. Keep him healthy for the playoffs. He needs a pitch count.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hes coming off of injury. We need to keep the "bar" low PUN INTENDED. That said, I like the signing. Gives us a Vet with some nasty skills. This will only help the entire D. Lets just keep it in perspective. If he can give us 8-10 games this year, we did great. Keep him healthy for the playoffs. He needs a pitch count.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
A while back Broaddus said he was wanting 11 million.

I could see that, because the guy has made 4 pro bowls. Some here are sleeping on how good of a signing this was. Even if it's only for depth, Barr would be a great signing. But I think he starts.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
We couldnt have wrapped this up a month ago to make sure he was in camp early. This front office bruh

Last month, he was probably asking too much.

Cowboys played this right, just like they are playing the WR position right.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
i tend to think it's more of a totally all win for the Cowboys club, and so stunned we got him so very cheap, even if it's a one year deal.
Even incentive- laden, i cannot believe Barr would agree to something that seems so vet minimum based and then a rental year at that.
Give credit to George Edwards the last few off-seasons. Barr reportedly signed here cause of him, but also Kearse and Griffen (bust). To think we have both Barr/Lve playing on 3 million deals is quite a get.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Barr is better vs run and as blitzer.

I don’t want that to happen either. I don’t think it will though. Cox is just too good in coverage to take off the field for Barr on passing downs.

I hope that Quinn uses both judiciously in different situations.

‘If they start asking Barr to cover a lot then it won’t be long before Cox is replacing him, IMO.

erod

Reaction score
I always wonder how motivated and committed veteran players are that have to settle for one- year, low-bar contracts.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I always wonder how motivated and committed veteran players are that have to settle for one- year, low-bar contracts.

It's a wise move for Barr. He's likely to get better deals in the future if he's a player on a top defense. And anyone really paying attention knows that Dallas has a better shot at being a top defense than Washington or Denver.

I see veterans typically getting less than younger players. Youth seems like the new commodity in the NFL.

His stock will rise if he has a good 2022 in Dallas. I think that's his strategy. To me, I'd be more worried about his motivation if he signed a long-term deal at 30 years old. This kind of insures he's motivated, or his value drops. He's got to play to increase his future value.