Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing Linval Joseph

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Ha! That shows you how pathetic our DT situation has been with DQ. Fans jacked for a 40-year old fat guy.

This is not a smart move, this is one of those desperation moves. The time to do this right was free agency.
yeah when everything was over 3 million bucks which these days to Jerry is a 40 million dollar contract

Doomsday77

Reaction score
giphy.gif
...$20 in my pocket!

NotForLong

Reaction score
Nice add!
I'm just thinking about the alignment when we go big and goal line.
Two nice big beefy vets who know how to play off blocks.
Phillips at the 3 and Joseph on the nose. With Lawerance at one end and Lawson on the other. These 4 vets know how to play their blocks and fill running lanes.
Then you add Parsons, Kendricks and Marist/Overshown screaming around behind them it's going to be tough to run on them.
Let's not forget about the potential the rook Kneeland will provide too:omg:
Great post

Mikexike

Reaction score
no matter what jerry does, there will be complaints... do squat in fa cry, trade for dts cry, sign dts cry.... yall need to be better.

Robster8989

Reaction score
I'm happy to see us adding some big bodies, and with proven NFL experience.
We were woefully deficient at DT before the Phillips and Joseph signings, adding them helps.
I'm just being catious. Both these guys best days and long behind them.
Can they help an extremely weak DT rotaion? Yes, I believe they can.
Does adding them turn the position into a strength? No, I do not believe it does.
Still, happy to see us address this glaring weakness with NFL caliber players (even if they are long past their primes).

Robster8989

Reaction score
This Zimmer D is coming together nicely. I like that he has connections to bring in solid talent.
Agreed, and the right kind of talend needed for this team.
Finally, we have some beef inside.
Even though Phillips and Joseph are long past their primes, they can still provide size, depth and anchor inside.
I eexpect our much improved LB corps to be able to attack the LOS and make plays in the running game, while our beef occupies space (and OLinemen).

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I have high hopes and do not want to be a Debbie downer but I was exited for Gerald McCoy & Dontari Poe as well
Well, we were able to sign McCoy because he had a major injury concern that came back to bite us. Poe just didn't care. I don't have high hopes for these players, but if we're just relying on them to supplement the rotation, I think they are at least better than what we had for that.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Clearly just a special teams signing. He can take up one side of the field so all returns are funneled to the other.

blueblood70

Reaction score
.. to run outside? :D :D
And this is true but if our defense is prepared for that which if we're really shutting them down inside I believe we have linebackers that can handle that and safeties we have an overabundance of them I think they can read react and easier stop those stretch plays and they can the ones up the middle we all know the ones up the middle are the ones that hurt the most.... But of course if they can't run up the middle they're going to try to run outside... And we've had problems in the past with mobile quarterbacks that do the late pitch or keep themselves on the option but I believe again our linebackers with overshown kendricks and some of the other guys we just brought in I think they're a little bit better in reading and getting to their spots than what we've had in the past and ready to make contact they look really physical downhill type people... Our linebackers I don't know if he was coached or was just bad form too many times they allow the runners in the quarterbacks to come to them before they'll start tackling them hardly ever go downhill and go after somebody...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cowboys done in Oxnard. All it took.
That's why I believe some of these other contract issues when they get back to Dallas are gonna pick up real quick and there gonna be some more face to face especially after the cut down and they leave a spot open for you know who and maybe the other you know who// lots of things start happening now between now and September 2nd.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don’t understand people bashing moves like this.

When Buffalo and Philly make them, it’s “wow! They are going for it” Dallas does it they say “old and washed”

We don’t know how much impact he we will make. But we are much better today with Lawson, Phillips and Joseph than we were two weeks ago
Nothing wrong with the move. Those teams also make other moves in conjunction with signings like this one. Philly desperate for an upgrade at WR3. They work on those kinds of moves, too. Cowboys trying to get their WR1, already under contract, into training camp.