Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing Linval Joseph

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Another good move by the Cowboys here. I'm not ready to crown em just yet but another low risk move with upside. Linval looked like toast last season, but he might be able to still give 10-15 snaps a game. A Mazi/OSA/Joseph/Phillips DT group is full of question marks, but has some serious potential to be pretty good.
Upside????? :laugh:

Zimmer is digging up fossels....and people think this is how you build a championship defense....

It's amazing what stupid people will buy into...:omg:

ShiningStar

Reaction score

Zimmer is digging up fossels....and people think this is how you build a championship defense....

who said that?

most of us are saying hes working on the defense, and who do you want? frankly his choices are good because they are basically one year rentals until he can have another draft and see where his defense is at.

Im not the biggest Zimmer supporter, but there is nothing wrong with this.

Who are your players?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
My question.......is he that much better/cheaper than Hankins, who let walk?
Not even....and we just paid double what Hankins got.....So please stop congratulating this front office for a great move. This is an admittance they screwed up by letting Hankins leave.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Not quite a dumpster dive, but definitely a visit to the pawn shop. If he's better then Hankins was last season, Philips returns to form, and Mazi has a pulse, coupled with the big upgrades at LB.... this defense could be primed to take the next step.

I retract my statements regarding addressing DT. They've transformed that room in less than a week and might have put together a competitive unit. If they bring in another RB before week 1, we may be in business.

mldardy

Reaction score
Not even....and we just paid double what Hankins got.....So please stop congratulating this front office for a great move. This is an admittance they screwed up by letting Hankins leave.
People like this always whine and cry no matter what. Hankins could barely stay on the field. We spend money you whine and cry, we don't spend money you whine and cry. No one cares what you think.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Not quite a dumpster dive, but definitely a visit to the pawn shop. If he's better then Hankins was last season, Philips returns to form, and Mazi has a pulse, coupled with the big upgrades at LB.... this defense could be primed to take the next step.

I retract my statements regarding addressing DT. They've transformed that room in less than a week and might have put together a competitive unit. If they bring in another RB before week 1, we may be in business.
that would have to be a heck of an RB. im not saying you are wrong, but its needed and i dont know if the talent level we need is out there.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Phillips backup to Osa
Mazi backup to Joseph

Not sure we are keeping any other DTs in the team with Gholston plating DE and DT.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Come on Floaty, he's taking what he can get till we get another draft. Those fossils are only signed for a year. If Zim is still in charge of the defense next draft, he'll go for the DL. Give the guy a break.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
good signing. These “Fossils” are rotational players. Phillips , Linval , lawson can you give me 10…15.. good reps? mazi give me 20…parsons give me 50… etc

now all we need is a RB IMO.

lamb is lamb.. tolbert should be better than a non existent gallup. we got a center and a LT. i like it.

reddyuta

Reaction score
good signing. These “Fossils” are rotational players. Phillips , Linval , lawson can you give me 10…15.. good reps? mazi give me 20…parsons give me 50… etc

now all we need is a RB IMO.

lamb is lamb.. tolbert should be better than a non existent gallup. we got a center and a LT. i like it.
Damien pierce about to be cut,not sure we will be interested though.