Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing Linval Joseph

CWR

Reaction score
This signing makes it clear that Zimmer was super impressed with Mazi’s milk allergy
It's not his first rodeo, Mazi knew exactly how to handle said allergy. It wasn't even his courage under fire that impressed Zimmer the most. What really got him was Mazis willingness to consume milk even with the allergy.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It's not his first rodeo, Mazi knew exactly how to handle said allergy. It wasn't even his courage under fire that impressed Zimmer the most. What really got him was Mazis willingness to consume milk even with the allergy.
“You can’t win with stupid players.” — Jimmy Johnson

shabazz

Reaction score
Ha! That shows you how pathetic our DT situation has been with DQ. Fans jacked for a 40-year old fat guy.

This is not a smart move, this is one of those desperation moves. The time to do this right was free agency.
This is just putting a bandaid on a hemorrhage

The march toward the 2025 reboot remains unchanged, unfettered and on schedule

Carson

Reaction score
Ha! That shows you how pathetic our DT situation has been with DQ. Fans jacked for a 40-year old fat guy.

This is not a smart move, this is one of those desperation moves. The time to do this right was free agency.
I don’t understand people bashing moves like this.

When Buffalo and Philly make them, it’s “wow! They are going for it” Dallas does it they say “old and washed”

We don’t know how much impact he we will make. But we are much better today with Lawson, Phillips and Joseph than we were two weeks ago

Aven8

Reaction score

Some large DT is getting cut in the next week. Curious why not wait a few more days?….

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I don’t understand people bashing moves like this.

When Buffalo and Philly make them, it’s “wow! They are going for it” Dallas does it they say “old and washed”

We don’t know how much impact he we will make. But we are much better today with Lawson, Phillips and Joseph than we were two weeks ago
Because these type of moves are the ONLY ones the Cowboys are making. Washed up cheap bargains.

AND the Jones knew they had a problem going into this season. Now they’re scrambling to fix their denial.

But I guess that’s what happens when your GM is also the owner. No one there to hold him accountable.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We re looking at depth. No big deal, he comes in and plays on run plays, the offenses will know it, but hes a hulking boy. I like the move. At least Zimmer isnt sitting around. I dont know if it will on the overal project, but if it helps him churn the players and he cant cut those later that he wants to, im all for it. Ive never been solid on his defenses but i am sure hes learned a lot since his last stint in Dallas. Lets see what he does.
Indeed, Zimmer learned that you have to keep your fat DTs moving or they will get lazy on you in a hurry.
Now we have 2-3 that we can rotate, getting some snaps every week is vital for the big boys, so yes, Zimm has learned a valuable lesson, and fundamental thought process
regarding how to improve your run D.
Keep your fatty's moving.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Being able to stop the run would be a game changer. Combining that with even a semblance of a decent run game, takes us to a new level.

Then I woke up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Was one the best a few years ago.

But....

Anyway, go ECU Pirate

CWR

Reaction score
Some large DT is getting cut in the next week. Curious why not wait a few more days?….
Probably because Zimmer is happy with a known commodity. Familiarity with how he operates and his scheme goes a long ways. Besides that who know which players they are monitoring as potential cuts and how they rate against Joseph?

links18

Reaction score
It's a signing right up the Jones Boyz alleyway; dude can't play any more.

Mr_437

Reaction score
"Consider yourself sucked"!!! - The Big Tuna

I'm a big fan of having multiple massive NTs!!! Zimmer is getting me excited about this Defense. I'm sucked back in on '24.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was going to say Linval is like our signing of Hankins, but I didn't know Linval was almost 4 years older! Could be a good rotational guy. Time will tell.