Twitter: Cowboys talking numbers with Peters

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
why? If you were banking on Tyron holding down that spot all year, why would you possibly move a rookie around trying to get 2 positions down?
I'm answering against the post saying Tyler should now be moved to LT. If there was any intention of doing that a couple of months ago we would have at least given him some reps out there.
I'm arguing to keep him at LG and sign Peters

Reactions: BAT

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Funny thing is no media has mentioned Stephen being in the meeting with Peters.

Contract numbers won’t be debated in player meetings with GMs. That’s done between agents and cap dudes. Same reason you use real estate agents when negotiating for houses

Reactions: BAT

Reid1boys

Reaction score
all that just to defend Jerry.
Sad.
Defend jerry...lol. the man is worth over 8 billion, owns the Dallas Cowboys and basically answers to NOBODY and you think we are defending him? How about some of us don't have such sustain for him that we simply view decisions made a little differently than you?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'm answering against the post saying Tyler should now be moved to LT. If there was any intention of doing that a couple of months ago we would have at least given him some reps out there.
I'm arguing to keep him at LG and sign Peters
I agree with signing peters and having him play left tackle, but even ifv they signed peters today, its unlikely he starts at left tack in week 1. So somebody had to play lt, and Tyler was just saying its like riding a bicycle. So the team needs to do what they need to do to fill the spot in the short term?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Stephen is the next King in Dallas and he has put a quash on Jerry's big spending ways.

This is a fun story but it's not that simple. There is nothing to stop Jerry from saying "sign Peters for what he wants" and it happening.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't need anyone to defend him. He is who he is.

But there is nothing wrong with a fan DECIDING to be optimistic at the beginning of a season. Heck, every fan of every team should be optimistic about their team during the first week of September before any games have been played. If not, why torture yourself. Just go do something that will make you happier. Right now, the Cowboys have a 1/32 chance of being the Super Bowl champions at the end of the season - same as every other team.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
You simply don't know that Tyler Smith won't prove to be a good replacement for Tyron Smith, and if I was named Jones, then I would ALSO want to know sooner than later if my recent 1st round pick can handle the job now. So, I don't think the Cowboys are half-assing it.
:hammer:Peters proved in 15 starts for Da Bears in 2021 that he can still get the job done. If Smith isn't quite ready for the spotlight, Peters could step in and start.

And in a more favorable scenario where Smith is up for the challenge, Peters would likely be the most experienced swing tackle in the league. It makes perfect sense why the Cowboys would pursue a deal with Peters. Now all they have to do is close it.

LittleD

Reaction score
I piss on anyone saying that we have to accept the jones crap.
I say no one should be told to stop being a fan because of that.
UNLIKE YOU.

Jerry says that you must pay respect or leave the State to follow the Comancheros.

LittleD

Reaction score
I've no problem with the Jones' owning the franchise, just don't have them making football decisions.
The problem isn't the Cowboys spending the CAP, it's that they spend it on ridiculous 2nd contracts to players they like.
Stephen won't last as hands on OwnerGM......the Gregory fiasco proved that ...and the media will crucify him (without Daddy's protection).

Come On now! You buy..."Monkey Meat, Chicken Meat". You buy!

LittleD

Reaction score
This is a fun story but it's not that simple. There is nothing to stop Jerry from saying "sign Peters for what he wants" and it happening.

He could do that and if he had wanted could have wrapped the deal up last nite. He didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.