Twitter: Cowboys talking numbers with Peters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You guys are so ridiculous. If we sign peters that is a FANTASTIC job by the front office to lose our starting left tackle and a week later we sign a player of Peters caliber. But, whine and cry is still what we will be hearing.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Then why keep Ball and Waletzko on the 53? They serve zero purpose

Development. Waive them and you risk losing them. As down as fans are on Ball, this was his first preseason after missing last year with injury. It's hard to find big men with good movement skills, so you want to give them every opportunity to develop before moving on.

That being said, if we sign Peters, I see us stashing Waletzko on IR. Remember that every player now who is put on IR after the initial cuts is eligible to be brought back after four games.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You guys are so ridiculous. If we sign peters that is a FANTASTIC job by the front office to lose our starting left tackle and a week later we sign a player of Peters caliber. But, whine and cry is still what we will be hearing.

I would be extremely happy about this. Sure, Peters isn't what he used to be skillwise, is old and has had some problems with injuries, but that's also why he's available. I think it's the best move they can make. I just wish they'd made it about three weeks ago when it was clear that Waletzko wasn't going to be a backup option right now because of the shoulder and Ball needs some development before he could possibly be one.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
i dont blame him, i wouldnt pay him 5 mil a year either, thats highway robbery....his range is closer to the 2-3.5 per year maybe with some incentives.
Is effectively protecting the blindside of the QB and improving the run game worth $5m? I'm no GM, bit on this team, this year, it makes sense.

Praxit

Reaction score
..if there's anyone that can play OL at 40.

Its probably Peters.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
Very few offensive linemen can start as rookies or 2nd year players, who were drafted after the third round. They need time to develop, to improve strength, size, conditioning, to acclimate to the faster NFL game. Freaks such as T Smith, T Fred and Zach M are the exceptions. # 1 stars who excelled as rookies. Tom Landry loved to develop offensive linemen who would only be able to start after 2-3 years of development. He rarely drafted offensive lineman very high.

How much does Peters weigh? Is he completely out of shape and will be winded on two plays or did he maintain a strong exercise routine? The earlier he is in at LT, our stud #1 pick Tyler can blast open holes for Zeke and Pollard, who will be hungry. How about Tyler pulling in front of tiny, light
KaVontae Turpin on a jet sweep?

I hope Turpin does not have Lucky Whitehead's propensity for fumbling.

Reactions: BAT

Londonboy

Reaction score
Even if We sign Him Our choices at the critical LT position will be :
A raw young rookie
or
A Guy who's old enough to be His Dad.

I'm not overly thrilled

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the jones boys love bargins, and getting someone cheap as possible. Sad, this is not the time to lowball a decent OT.
But jones boys cant help themselves.
I hope he turns them down!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
A raw young rookie
or

I'm not overly thrilled
dak getting blindsided a few times per game will make games more exciting, and also more fun for Dak~

Jipper

Reaction score
A raw young rookie
or

I'm not overly thrilled

Most people these days don’t have kids at 19…

ghst187

Reaction score
Get ready for him to go sign with the eagles after Stephen super low balls him…

Status
Not open for further replies.