Cowboys talking with Gallup's agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

LysleE

Reaction score
No way Gallup gets extended…he needs to take a pay cut, get traded or released. Don’t know why Jerry signed him to a contract he couldn’t possibly live up to post-ACL surgery.
But then again, Jerry traded one of the best route runners in the NFL for a mid-late round draft pick because he wouldn’t get the COVID vaccine and criticized Jerry’s stepson for not getting him the ball.

Kwyn

Reaction score
You can say cooper is overpaid.

But he is absolutely without a doubt a better player than Michael Gallup and always has been. Even with his “disappearing acts”

Not to mention the fact the cowboys paid him AFTER said ACL tear.
I liked Cooper. Team could have handled that better unless there’s more to it than we know.

tunahelper

Reaction score
He had his moments, but to think he was the #1 guy before we got Amari. And the other receivers were Allen Hurns, Cole Beasley, Terrance Williams and Noah Brown.

The injury sucks for him but it is what it is. Nobody really cares about the reasons why you're not good anymore, it's just if you're good or not.
To your point the GM and his girls glasses son thought that WR unit would work in training camp that year.

Kwyn

Reaction score

I think we can certainly do better.

Could it be a miss and he has a big year somewhere with another year removed from injury? Sure.

Do rookie wide receivers *usually* need a year before they can contribute? Yeah.

They bring said, I wouldn’t break the bank at all for Gallup.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
“Sources” as in his Agent
I think he can be good again with a fresh start. Chiefs or whoever could get something out of him.

The combination of him being hurt and Dak laying everyone out for dangerous hits was a bad mix. They jsut never clicked it happens

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Gallup will prosper if his new team has a quality QB.
Injury set him back but he's got the talent for the NFL.
Can we keep him?
Nope as they have to absorb 60 million this coming year.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
I hope they keep him.. he looked ok in the GB game.. sometimes takes a while to get over an acl.

Think I'm one of the few that wants him to stay.

Bunston10

Reaction score
Think Gallup is a decent WR, but at Dallas he will be 3rd or 4th ranked for some reason next season. For some reason I think if he goes elsewhere he will have an improved season than if he stayed at Dallas. Cowboys really do think they can just turn up and win any game.

plymkr

Reaction score
I hope they renegotiate and keep him.
The melt downs will be fantastic.

I think he still has some value.
Lol, the bigger meltdown is if we give him a raise. All jokes aside I like Gallup and hope we can keep him to a team friendly contract. But if not I hope he gets his money from someone else and wish him the best.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Sounds like they approached Gallup for a pay cut and his agent is trying to establish a high bar for negotiating.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I like(d) Gallup. He had a couple real solid seasons in Dallas. It's unfortunate that it seems his ACL injury really set his career back.

Status
Not open for further replies.