Status
Not open for further replies.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It wasn’t 60 million like Gallup’s
Has nothing to do with anything. He was offered far too much. It was obvious at the time and even more obvious now. The Cowboys weren't just smart, they were super smart not to match.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Run it back. Show him the money. We're all in on our guys.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Because of Cooper's overpaid contract and sudden disappearances. Gallup was pretty good until he tore his ACL.
No matter how you slice it, it was a very poor plan. I understand the team believing that Cooper wasn't living up to what it was paying him to be a No. 1 receiver, and having to make a decision between him and Gallup. But the team knew Gallup was coming off an ACL tear and did little to plan for if he was slow to do that (which he has been). Signing a cheap receiver who had accomplished little and spending a third-rounder on a small-school star who might not be ready for the jump was just ignorant.

I'd like to say that we at least learned from it, but we pretty much repeated that mistake at running back this past season.

Mannix

Reaction score
I hope they keep him.. he looked ok in the GB game.. sometimes takes a while to get over an acl.

Think I'm one of the few that wants him to stay.
You may be the ONLY one....get rid of him!!!!!!!!

Mannix

Reaction score
Sure...run him back so Brooks goes another season with no real snaps....then gets cut. This organization simply cannot cut bait with ANYONE....just asinine!!!

RoboQB

Reaction score
Probably going to the Chargers and put up 1200 yards
a season. They kept the wrong guy (and we know why) but all Gallup needs to succeed now is a QB that will look in his direction.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You can say cooper is overpaid.

But he is absolutely without a doubt a better player than Michael Gallup and always has been. Even with his “disappearing acts”

Not to mention the fact the cowboys paid him AFTER said ACL tear.
Everything I said was fact. Amari Cooper even being forced to miss a game or two because of catching covid while refusing to get vaccinated was another issue that didn't sit well at all with Jerry. Bottom line, the Cowboys traded Amari Cooper because he refused to take a paycut when asked. I'm pretty sure the Cowboys are now meeting with Gallup's agent for the same reason. Take a paycut or get traded or cut. Just watch and see.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sure...run him back so Brooks goes another season with no real snaps....then gets cut. This organization simply cannot cut bait with ANYONE....just asinine!!!
WR Jalen Brooks will be fine. He was a rookie 7th round draft pick last season in 2023 for the Cowboys. He will have plenty of opportunities this summer to prove he deserves more playing time.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No matter how you slice it, it was a very poor plan. I understand the team believing that Cooper wasn't living up to what it was paying him to be a No. 1 receiver, and having to make a decision between him and Gallup. But the team knew Gallup was coming off an ACL tear and did little to plan for if he was slow to do that (which he has been). Signing a cheap receiver who had accomplished little and spending a third-rounder on a small-school star who might not be ready for the jump was just ignorant.

I'd like to say that we at least learned from it, but we pretty much repeated that mistake at running back this past season.
All true, plus it seriously affected the Offense, especially against better teams and in the playoffs the past 2 years. But to the lazy and biased haters, it's way easier just to blame this front office's poor player/team decisions downfalls on Dak. That's why I get pissed because it's not fair or accurate. The problems affecting this team is not Dak (except for his contract greediness). It's the lack of legit weapons at RB and WR, plus an Oline that keeps getting older/injured and not coached properly. That's a lot to overcome with very limited weapons. Not even Mahomes would prosper with these inadequacies.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
that means they want to reduce his pay, and maybe he agrees to it, and maybe not.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I remember some here thought he could be like a low end end #1 or high end #2 WR well until that Jets game where he disappeared completely.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I hope they renegotiate and keep him.
The melt downs will be fantastic.

I think he still has some value.
The hallowed Dak to Gallup connection. One of the most feared and productive in football. Run it back Jerry. Cowboys fans want MOAR.

Flamma

Reaction score
It would be silly to release Gallup this year. The difference between cap hit and dead cap is under a million. Whatever you think of him, it's better to have him for 13M than to not have him for 13M. Even if you spread it out over 2 years, it's still 13 million.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Everything I said was fact. Amari Cooper even being forced to miss a game or two because of catching covid while refusing to get vaccinated was another issue that didn't sit well at all with Jerry. Bottom line, the Cowboys traded Amari Cooper because he refused to take a paycut when asked. I'm pretty sure the Cowboys are now meeting with Gallup's agent for the same reason. Take a paycut or get traded or cut. Just watch and see.
I didn’t disagree with you. I simply added more context to it. That cooper is and was better than Gallup despite coopers drawbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.