Cowboys to be on Hard Knocks

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Jerry said yes because he loves the FaceTime, he could of pushed back but it appears he’s fully wants it and his yes man is also good with it, Jerry is a blowhard, jealous of a clown like Jerry is to funny feel sorry for him can’t imagine a bigger jerk.
You don’t know much do you. It wasn’t up to Jerry.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I really dont like the "new culture" esp with the rooks being put in the spotlight and propped up by media hype.
I really wanted that play to come out naturally in camp, but what do I know,,, cant control it so lets all slobber on select media .

dckid

Reaction score

I prefer there be no distractions during training camp.

Shocking… Jerry again shows he just wants the Cowboys in the news. When will you all understand??? I have been saying it for years and practically all my posts. Jerry does not care about Super Bowls. Not even on his to do list. He just wants the Cowboys on First take, ESPN, undisputed. Zeke, Dak, war daddy.
He has three rings, HOF, most valuable franchise. He is not incentivized or motivated for a SB. He knows Dak will not get him to a SB but he will keep him at 8 wins.
He won’t go 3-13. That is all that he cares about.
Look at what Jerry does.

Dre11

Reaction score
Shocking… Jerry again shows he just wants the Cowboys in the news. When will you all understand??? I have been saying it for years and practically all my posts. Jerry does not care about Super Bowls. Not even on his to do list. He just wants the Cowboys on First take, ESPN, undisputed. Zeke, Dak, war daddy.
He has three rings, HOF, most valuable franchise. He is not incentivized or motivated for a SB. He knows Dak will not get him to a SB but he will keep him at 8 wins.
He won’t go 3-13. That is all that he cares about.
Look at what Jerry does.

when will you understand the cowboys was chosen by the league.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They intentionally skewed it that way. Playoff teams are exempt.

Partly as a reward for making the playoffs and avoiding the distraction (as new head coach teams are exempt too), but a big part is bad teams are more interesting. The show doesn’t follow the superstars, it follows the rookies and the vets who may not make the roster. I think Kazee may be the star of this year’s show. Guy on his last leg, coming off an injury but not necessarily a pro bowl player when he was healthy, does he make the 53? Hard Knocks eats those stories up. Backup QB is a great candidate too, hard knocks star could be its own thread.

There’s a reason the Bengals have been on repeatedly, the Rams have been on repeatedly, The Browns and Lions and TB before this season are always eligible. What kind of intrigue and drama do the Colts have? Or the Steelers? The Patriots? The car going the speed limit in its lane and signaling every turn attracts no attention.

Yeah that’s why I kind of looked at his comment funny. It’s not like good teams are on here…for the most part it’s bad teams.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
the third time on hard knocks for this irrelevant team, throw on Amazon’s all or nothing, teams could only wish to be this irrelevant

Big D

Reaction score
What does it do?
This creates a false sense of accomplishment. The team will get as much attention for this show as they would for a playoff or superbowl appearance before they've played 1 preseason game. They will all be in danger of believing they're stars before the first pre-season game. Everyone from rookies to vets will be doing interviews, having blogs, releasing albums, doing tv show appearances, you know name it. My I eyes will be firmly on Mike McCarthy though. Coaches like Bill Parcells and Bellichick are not only aware of these pitfalls but have methods in place to counteract them. We're about to find out if MM is up to the task.

Hardline

Reaction score
I wish there was another professional football league the Cowboys could merge with.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Only 5 episodes, used to be more no? Hard knocks would be on what network?
It's on HBO. The first 2 seasons where 6 episodes and then every season from 2007 onwards has been 5 episodes (it's only training camp so it's not a long series).

Your probably confusing it with the show "all or nothing" which follows a team throughout the whole season, those are usually like 8 or 9 episodes

coult44

Reaction score
You chose to be a Dallas Cowboys fan knowing that they are Americas Team. You choose to keep being fan knowing that The Cowboys have always been more than just a football team. This is what they have always done and will always do. If you don’t like, don't watch it. There are always 100 cameras around the Cowboys during every minute of every training camp. A few more is NO more of a distraction than it is already being a Dallas Cowboy. If you cant live with the noise or the circus atmosphere, go be a fan of the Titans or the Vikings, its NEVER going to change.

chagus

Reaction score
Last time Dallas was on Hard Knocks, they let go Danny Amendola iirc.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Jerry loves the attention.
This drives me nuts. He may love the attention, but the Cowboys are gonna get attention no matter what. You know damn well the NFL would love to have the Cowboys on hard knocks every season. Theyd love to play the Cowboys on MNF EVERY WEEK... because they know the Cowboys are ratings gold...... but again, Jerry owns the most famous team in all of sport. He has had massive attention for everything he does since 1989.... and with the internet, it has only gotten more so.