Cowboys to be on Hard Knocks

RoboQB

Reaction score
Why do ppl make posts with definitive statements when they don’t actually know what they are talking about? No Jerry could not have said “no thanks”, because it is mandatory for the team selected to participate.

How many meetings have you been in with billionaires?
I can guarantee you, if Jerry Jones were to decline, they'd
pass it on to the next team.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How many meetings have you been in with billionaires?
I can guarantee you, if Jerry Jones were to decline, they'd
pass it on to the next team.
I have no doubt Jerry had the option of declining. I also have no doubt that never entered his mind. Jerry loves the attention no matter how much of a distraction it may be to his team trying to achieve their goals. :(

RoboQB

Reaction score
I have no doubt Jerry had the option of declining. I also have no doubt that never entered his mind. Jerry loves the attention no matter how much of a distraction it may be to his team trying to achieve their goals. :(

Exactly. Agreed. On both points.

He could've said, "look, um, uh, we had a first year coaching staff for the team
last year during this, um, uh, virus. It really, uh, um, hindered our staff from
coaching our players. We'd like to pass this time around, but we'd be happy
to do it next season, after we win the Super Bowl... (wink and smile)"

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I know that when Brady was with the Patriots and they were going to the superbowl every year Hard Knocks was something that they were focused on in training camp to make sure they were ready when the season started.

CWR

Reaction score
I know people are gonna hate this....but man I love Hard Knocks so much and the best times I've had watching it are when the Cowboys are on there. Its really some of the best TV. But I get those who don't want to see this because they just want it quiet around here......I'm excited though.

Yeah I don't like the distraction for the team. I love it for me though. I'm conflicted on how to feel. Lol

Hadenough

Reaction score
Its only fitting that the Cowboys are going to be on Hard Knocks! Jerry has been cooped up for a while and wants some air time. To be honest though this shouldnt affect them at all because its always a country club/ circus atmosphere.

Gaede

Reaction score
Honestly, this is great as a fan. Getting to see the team before the preseason, and getting to know the players, is a fun thing

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think you throw that word around far too liberally. Brax is not far off from the truth. Jerry does like being the ringmaster of the circus. Hard Knocks will be a distraction.
It will be a distraction. I’m not a fan of Jerry but this troll said it was all Jerry’s fault. And when corrected he didn’t own it. Not cool in my book.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It will be a distraction. I’m not a fan of Jerry but this troll said it was all Jerry’s fault. And when corrected he didn’t own it. Not cool in my book.
How is it not all Jerry's fault? He could have opted to do Hard Knocks at another time when this team has a better grip on the defense of what it is doing. I bet it never even entered his mind to opt-out. He loves the attention even if it distracts the team from being the best they can be. Be honest with your answer. You know I speak the truth.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In this case I’m not sure it is Jethro’s fault. The NFL and I’m sure HBO wanted this.

And the Cowboys fell within the League rules allowing which teams are eligible .

“ By league rules, teams can be forced to do Hard Knocks if they haven’t done the show in the last 10 years, haven’t been to the playoffs in the last two years, and don’t have a new head coach.“

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Actually by league rules the NFL can force teams to do Hard Knocks. And the Cowboys qualified .

“ By league rules, teams can be forced to do Hard Knocks if they haven’t done the show in the last 10 years, haven’t been to the playoffs in the last two years, and don’t have a new head coach.“

Brax

Reaction score
You don’t know much do you. It wasn’t up to Jerry.
I know that, as usual you don’t understand that Jerry wants this and lives for this type of FaceTime hype that he needs to boost his ego because his team can’t do much on the field, I am sure he actively petitioned HBO for that spot, you as head homer are dumb enough to watch and praise Jerry’s circus.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
There are 3 ways teams can avoid being forced to participate in Hard Knocks:

1. Made the playoffs each of the last 2 seasons.

2. Have a rookie head coach.

3. Have appeared on Hard Knocks within the last 10 years.

So while Dallas was forced into the decision their lack of playoff appearances made this possible.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There are 3 ways teams can avoid being forced to participate in Hard Knocks:

1. Made the playoffs each of the last 2 seasons.

2. Have a rookie head coach.

3. Have appeared on Hard Knocks within the last 10 years.

So while Dallas was forced into the decision their lack of playoff appearances made this possible.
Yes. They made an exception last year with the Rams who had been in the playoffs in previous 2 seasons as HBO feature both teams from LA . Which was an obvious attempt to promote the teams move . And the Rams agreed.

Last edited: