Cowboys to be on Hard Knocks

Brax

Reaction score
If your
As usual you have no clue what you’re talking about. The teams CANNOT REFUSE to be on hard knocks if they qualified under the 3 stipulations.
I understand that but you miss the point that they negotiate with the 5 teams and I bet Jerry was the one jumping up and down wanting it so bad he hurt himself. Jerry is his own worst enemy and you know very little about negotiating.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This creates a false sense of accomplishment. The team will get as much attention for this show as they would for a playoff or superbowl appearance before they've played 1 preseason game. They will all be in danger of believing they're stars before the first pre-season game. Everyone from rookies to vets will be doing interviews, having blogs, releasing albums, doing tv show appearances, you know name it. My I eyes will be firmly on Mike McCarthy though. Coaches like Bill Parcells and Bellichick are not only aware of these pitfalls but have methods in place to counteract them. We're about to find out if MM is up to the task.

You are way over thinking this. But it is your opinion. I disagree.
This is a different type of team, it is young and hungry unlike the aging team that already had won SB's.

If any thing, maybe, not saying it will be this way, they will play harder to go prove why they were on this show.
Fact is none of us truly know how it will effect the players and / or team. I say it has no effect at all.

As I posted before this team has it or it doesn't. Then they build from there to improve no matter what happens.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I mean, I'd watch it. When was our last one? We were on Amazon that year we sucked; not last year. 2017?

dckid

Reaction score
You’re exposing you have no idea what you’re talking about. Jerry didn’t choose this
He could have said no. What would Jimmy do? What about NE what would they do?
In 1994/1995 Jerry went rouge and chose Nike for Cowboy Uniforms, Pizza Hut, Pepsi.
Jerry loves the attention.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In 1994/1995 Jerry went rouge and chose Nike for Cowboy Uniforms, Pizza Hut, Pepsi.
NFL can force teams to be on Hard Knocks.

The only exception is you can’t have a first year new HC, been in the playoffs the previous 2 seasons or been on Hard Knocks in last 10 years. Which we weren’t exempt from any of these conditions

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How is it not all Jerry's fault? He could have opted to do Hard Knocks at another time when this team has a better grip on the defense of what it is doing. I bet it never even entered his mind to opt-out. He loves the attention even if it distracts the team from being the best they can be. Be honest with your answer. You know I speak the truth.
Any year it’s done is going to be a distraction and people will ***** about it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Actually by league rules the NFL can force teams to do Hard Knocks. And the Cowboys qualified .

“ By league rules, teams can be forced to do Hard Knocks if they haven’t done the show in the last 10 years, haven’t been to the playoffs in the last two years, and don’t have a new head coach.“
Show me that in writing because it sounds like BS.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How considerate, young fella. Now go run along, maybe ask your moms to change your diaper. I'm smelling you.
How many meetings have you been in with billionaires?
I can guarantee you, if Jerry Jones were to decline, they'd
pass it on to the next team.

This is an example of a fan talking out the side of his neck about a subject he hasn’t read up on. It literally is in the contract signed by the NFL to hard knocks that if a team meets 3 criteria (which the cowboys and 4 other teams did) they ARE NOT ALLOWED to refuse an appearance on hard knocks if chosen. The cowboys were chosen. So you can guarantee whatever you want to, you still are wrong

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

bro stop talking stupid to me. He literally could not have said no, it’s written into the agreement between hard knocks and the league

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is an example of a fan talking out the side of his neck about a subject he hasn’t read up on. It literally is in the contract signed by the NFL to hard knocks that if a team meets 3 criteria (which the cowboys and 4 other teams did) they ARE NOT ALLOWED to refuse an appearance on hard knocks if chosen. The cowboys were chosen. So you can guarantee whatever you want to, you still are wrong
You are correct!!!

Don’t be intimidated by the uninformed with an agenda.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Last time Dallas was on Hard Knocks, they let go Danny Amendola iirc.
Last time Dallas was on Hard Knocks, Pacman Jones was pulling down Campo's pants, and Wade "Buttermilk Biscuit" Phillips was wasting time in his office telling coaches about how the punt returner caught 5 footballs without even dropping a single one... (smfh)

I don't think we're gonna see the same horse **** this time

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If your

I understand that but you miss the point that they negotiate with the 5 teams and I bet Jerry was the one jumping up and down wanting it so bad he hurt himself. Jerry is his own worst enemy and you know very little about negotiating.

dude you’re arguing your opinion while I’m arguing actual facts. The fact is that the team that is chosen cannot decline if they fit the 3 criteria. The cowboys had no option but to be on the show, period.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
dude you’re arguing your opinion while I’m arguing actual facts. The fact is that the team that is chosen cannot decline if they fit the 3 criteria. The cowboys had no option but to be on the show, period.
Right

That doesn’t mean our embarrassing owner doesn’t relish in the leagues decision but the fact remains it’s the leagues call.