Cowboys to face #1 ranked defense in the Ravens

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We've never beat the Ravens.
is this true??
I remember the game where we blew it at the end, and then the home game we lost.
So that would make it even better when we do beat them!
probably another nerve racking game !

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Date

Team Opponent H/A Stadium Result Attend
10/14/2012 Dallas Cowboys Baltimore Ravens A M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore, MD) L 31-29 71,384
12/20/2008 Dallas Cowboys Baltimore Ravens H Texas Stadium (Irving, TX) L 33-24 63,800
11/21/2004 Dallas Cowboys Baltimore Ravens A M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore, MD) L 30-10 69,924
11/19/2000 Dallas Cowboys Baltimore Ravens A PSINet Stadium (Baltimore, MD) L 27-0 69,416

Baltimore Ravens lead series 4-0-0

Wow have not played them often, but we havent beat them !
Maybe Dak train can do it ~!

windjc

Reaction score
"Yawn".....again?

How many #1 defenses are the Cowboys going to have to molest before the league realizes being "#1" is a temporary designation. The expiration time is kickoff against the Dallas Cowboys.
lol

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Lets see, they have beaten the..
Browns twice....
Jaquars once.
Steelers once
Bills once...

And they lost to the Raiders, Giants, Jets and Skins.
Not saying they suck but quit acting like this is the Ravens defense of 15 years ago.:facepalm:

Whats the latest on Jimmy Smith, playing or no?

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Imagine where our team would be stat wise if we'd played the Browns twice, the Jags once by now.

That's 3 out of 8 games that were virtually gimmes for the Ravens. We've only had the 1 vs the Browns.

That loss against the Jets was ugly. Flacco jobs is just to be a game manager, but he keeps turning the ball over. 9 int's in 8 games thus far to go with 4 fumbles.

That woeful Browns team with it's 31st ranked defense actually held the Ravens to just 6 first half points in last weekend's game. The Browns actually went into halftime with a lead, 7-6. Recall we led the Browns 21-10 at halftime in our game.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
We can run on anybody. We've already proven that this year. Even when we can't win the TOP like against the Steelers last weekend, the offense just keeps scoring anyway.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I called that Zeke would have 150 against GB.......im going to say Zeke has 75 yard run against the Ravens and finishes with 250 total yards and 2 TDs

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Imagine where our team would be stat wise if we'd played the Browns twice, the Jags once by now.

That's 3 out of 8 games that were virtually gimmes for the Ravens. We've only had the 1 vs the Browns.

That loss against the Jets was ugly. Flacco jobs is just to be a game manager, but he keeps turning the ball over. 9 int's in 8 games thus far to go with 4 fumbles.

That woeful Browns team with it's 31st ranked defense actually held the Ravens to just 6 first half points in last weekend's game. The Browns actually went into halftime with a lead, 7-6. Recall we led the Browns 21-10 at halftime in our game.
Ya Ravens struggled with Browns. Ravens defense is good but not good enough

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Wow, Baltimore has the 28th ranked ground attack, the 20th ranked passing attack.

No wonder Flacco is having to try to force the ball down the field this year and getting picked so often. Ravens are often trailing in the 2nd half and he's got to start airing it out deep.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Yes still enjoying the win vs Pitt but looking ahead Dallas will be up against the NFL top ranked defense in the Ravens who currently giving up 17.8 points a game and ranked 1st in run defense and 5th in pass defense. Cowboys need to enjoy the Pitt win today and get back to work tomorrow as they will be facing a tough defense.

I hope they feed the team this news. I have a feeling this offense likes nothing more than running right through the supposed top defenses in the league. Does anyone really expect that Ravens "number one run defense" to be anything more than a minor nuisance to Zeke and the gang?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope they feed the team this news. I have a feeling this offense likes nothing more than running right through the supposed top defenses in the league. Does anyone really expect that Ravens "number one run defense" to be anything more than a minor nuisance to Zeke and the gang?

As do I. I not only think the Cowboys can win I think they will win. However games are never won in the media or message boards and while the Ravens are not a great team they are a team with some players who are very capable of putting up a big game. The task of Dallas is to see that does not happen

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Mickey made a good point on the Fan the other day. When will people stop saying "The Cowboys are going up against the #1 defense, they better watch out" and start saying "The ___________ are going up against the #1 offense, they better watch out"?

Reaction score
Mickey made a good point on the Fan the other day. When will people stop saying "The Cowboys are going up against the #1 defense, they better watch out" and start saying "The ___________ are going up against the #1 offense, they better watch out"?

Eh, it makes sense to me. The defense is the passive player in this scenario. The onus is on the offense to run plays that overcome a good defense.

Now if you're talking about an all time great offense like the greatest show on turf or the 07 Pats or something, then sure you go into games going "how do you stop this offense," but for the most part, it makes sense to me that if a defense is good, you talk about how an offense will overcome it.

Plus it's not like people aren't talking about how defenses will try to slow down Zeke and the Cowboys offense.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Buff with TieRod Taylor at QB and Pitt with one legged Ben, then throw in cle twice, yeldon, raiders running game and nyg running game that is 7 anemic running games at the time.
Oakland does not have an anemic running game.