Signed by Cowboys Cowboys to hire Skip Peete as New RB Coach

erod

Reaction score
Drayton is in a good spot at UT. They got some good commits coming in.

Could he he’s simply happy there
Or perhaps he had enough of Zeke at Ohio State and doesn't want to go down that path again.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I have no problem at all with this selection. In fact his experience and resume suggest
he should be a solid hire.
No doubt Drayton and Cowboys just could not come to an agreement.
I began to think it won't be a possibility of Drayton, the longer we did not hear immediate reports.

Skip Peete has a well-regarded reputation and resume with working and developing RBs.
He's a vet coach with considerable NFL experience and working with heralded names.

If he was the Rams' RB coach and the way we saw how they work in their RBs in that McVey attack, I am well satisfied with the hiring.
I don't understand what Cowboys fans are expecting and rooting for in some of these hires.
Zeke and he should be fine together. I had some doubts regarding Gary Brown.
We need an ex HC as every single position coach, preferably one with a SB win on his resume.

I'm not even sure why that's necessarily a good thing, but that's what people seem to expect.

Really, what kind of difference would a RB coach make anyway in this particular case.

Personally I'll take anyone willing to tell 21 that he needs to get into shape, but none of us have a clue whether Peete is that guy or not, or if that would ever matter.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

tenor.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
Was hoping for Drayton. Guess Jerry isn’t willing to spend what it takes.
did the Rams get him? I dont think so, im thinking he wanted too much and/or more titles..so lets not get on Jerry The TX Longhorns obviously did what it took to not uproot his family..

can we stop putting so much stock in a position coach especially one where our talent can fend for themselves, simply need bodys in them..this is a RB coach lol

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Eh, RB coach seems like a JAG staff position anyway. It's the least out of the position coaches I'd be worried about when building a staff.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
That's kind of sad tbh. I understand sweeping the staff, and I completely agree with the decision, however, anyone have any background info on Peete? I know he used to work here, however, I don't know how much better/worse he is than Brown. At least Brown had a relationship with Zeke and Pollard. When he was talking in Sounds from the Sidelines, emotions kinda hit me. Hope he lands on his feet. I trust what MM is doing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Or perhaps he had enough of Zeke at Ohio State and doesn't want to go down that path again.
really so he had an offer from the rams as well, did he take that or he hate Gurley as well..lmao this was simply a way to leverage money from UT and I bet it worked..IM a Longhorn fan so either way I win LMSAO..

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Like what Peete has done with some bigger backs.
Good chance to get a bigger guy in here as the 3rd RB.

I would've just re-hired Brown but new coaches can add tools to a toolbox for even great players.

Also glad this and TE Coach help w diversity after the fake Rooney rule interview.

Drayton has some great options and I am guessing starting angling for serious incentives be it either financial or with added duties such as run game coordinator.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I knew this hire would fair well. People like the unknown and the idea of a new guy with a high ceiling.

Cowboys should be familiar with him his unit always performed well here. You look at his resume here and the Rams.....There’s nothing to not like.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This and the Mike Nolan hires are wait and see for me............very uninspiring....hope I'm wrong.
are we supposed to be inspired by very low third tier positional coaches? I dont think so..the big one have been covered well IMO with TBD out on them as a whole.lets actually see some data first..

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Good decent hire, how many fans get excited over the RB hire. hes solid. Knows MM, we ll be on the same page