Cowboys to meet with DT Malik McDowell

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The success of Haley and Lett probably encouraged them to take chances on the others.
That's nice but each were nearly a quarter of a century ago.

You would think there was some sort of time table involved with whiffing over and over and over again.

reddyuta

Reaction score
this confirms that they are trolling the fans now,no effort to hide their MO going forward this year and years to come.

Alexander

Reaction score
I think we need to reserve a special DL jersey number for Jerry's Special Kid of the Year.

That way we can keep track.

Just give #74 to his special needs kid of the year and we can track the progress from there.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

two sides to this story

When it first happened there were reports that McDowell had extensinve brain and eye injuries. And said he would never play football.

Second came from McDowell himself saying he did suffer injuries but neither were life or career threatening.

We will see where this is because it wouldnt take much to get him signed.

This is the part of the team i get frustrated with. The risks and resources put on injured players. Yes theres a success story with Jaylon Smith. But there also been alot of failures. Just wish they wouldnt be quick to jump on injured players that come with low contracts

Mr_437

Reaction score
Well, if McDowell signs they may have something at 3tech, I doubt it but maybe.

Alexander

Reaction score
This is the part of the team i get frustrated with. The risks and resources put on injured players. Yes theres a success story with Jaylon Smith. But there also been alot of failures. Just wish they wouldnt be quick to jump on injured players that come with low contracts
I agree with your level of frustration.

It just reeks of wanting to appear clever at some point.

And if that fails, well, you always have the charitable and "caring about the players" angle to fall back on after failing.

Questfor6

Reaction score
Loved the player coming out and hoped he would've slid down to 60.

Alexander

Reaction score
I for one would like this signing
I would hate the principle of the signing. It is more of the same habit.

I still have to admit I have a car-wreck like intrigue on what exactly happened to him.

So little has been publicly written about him since the ATV accident.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
When considering how quiet the Cowboys were through the start of free agency I can understand the groans. However, Mcdowell was a very good player and is worth atleast doing due diligence on. If theres a chance for him to play sign him to the salary minimum and see how he improves.

Rayman70

Reaction score
When considering how quiet the Cowboys were through the start of free agency I can understand the groans. However, Mcdowell was a very good player and is worth atleast doing due diligence on. If theres a chance for him to play sign him to the salary minimum and see how he improves.
his issue has more to do with from the neck up and between his ears. Physical talent isn't the problem.Same ole story for the Cowboys....see Randy Gregory.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of guys come out of college with less than adult maturity. Some make dumb mistakes like holding onto fireworks too long or wrecking an ATV. If this kid checks out medically and is still a good player, I'd love to sign him.