Twitter: Cowboys to meet with T Cameron Fleming

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Cameron Fleming is shopping around. The free-agent tackle is visiting the Dallas Cowboys on Monday and Tuesday, Rapoport reported, per a source. The New England Patriots would reportedly like to bring Fleming back; the fifth-year pro has played in 47 games and started 20 for the Pats since 2014.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...dup-pouncey-visits-bolts-boys-to-host-fleming

Now it all makes sense. The only way we're gonna lure this guy in here is by saying Collin's may not be at RT next year, so he has a chance to win the job.

Otherwise, he'd just go back to being a backup tackle with the Patriots, considering he's already got two Superbowl rings.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
To me this is simple. Bring in Fleming and put Collins back at guard. This is a win-win. The Cowboys fill two spots by signing one player.

I wasn't totally on board with drafting an offensive linemen in the first round. If Dallas can bring in Fleming they won't have to.

Gaede

Reaction score
I am looking at this more with morbid curiosity. I am very intrigued to see if signs what he takes in terms of guaranteed money.
my main concern is them signing a guy and then approaching the rt position like the lg position last year.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
my main concern is them signing a guy and then approaching the rt position like the lg position last year.
I am pretty convinced everyone is taking the whole idea of moving Collins way too seriously, at least at the moment.

We have not even had the player visit yet, much less signed him, yet now people are already wondering that this means for Collins' future.

This was a simple probe. Much like the Jaylon Smith to strongside linebacker thing was/is.

I will care once someone other than Todd Archer comes out and says it is happening.

tm1119

Reaction score
You have no idea what he is looking for.

Let me put it this way for you...if he does sign here as a swing tackle it most likely means he’s just not very good. If a 25 year old OT can’t get a starting job and nice pay check in this free agent market something is wrong. And if he does sign here for cheap I’ll trust the rest of the league’s evaluation on him based on recent cowboys free agent signings. Let’s all not forget this kid was NE’s 4th OT just like 5 months ago.

And if we give him a decent chunk of change it means LC is going to guard...which I don’t agree with.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I keep clicking on this thread hoping to see we signed him already

Jumbo075

Reaction score
The XLII threw me. I thought we were talking about a 10+ year veteran. Why is he already a free agent, if he's only 25?

Because the NFL teams are only allowed to sign rookies to 4 year contracts.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I am pretty convinced everyone is taking the whole idea of moving Collins way too seriously, at least at the moment.

We have not even had the player visit yet, much less signed him, yet now people are already wondering that this means for Collins' future.

This was a simple probe. Much like the Jaylon Smith to strongside linebacker thing was/is.

I will care once someone other than Todd Archer comes out and says it is happening.

Great post. But something tells me the Cowboys aren't bringing Fleming in for a visit with the promise of being a backup. He started 20 games in four years in New England (not counting the playoffs) and is probably itching to play.

La'el Collins was good at RT but would instantly be better than anybody the Cowboys can put at LG right now. It's about getting the 5 best linemen on the field and making Fleming (if he signs, I know) even a stop-gap starter could upgrade this line.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I’m sure he’s only worried about getting paid...

As long as his game check and bonus pay him well I doubt he cares whether the team starts him or not.. just keeps him fresh for another shot at FA in a couple of years

RamziD

Reaction score
I hope they make a serious offer. He's not coming cheap. As a backup OT who could even start, he'd still prob command $8M+ AAV

AbeBeta

Reaction score

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jumbo075

Reaction score
All of these gyrations for the OL, but if the season started tomorrow, Brian Price would be a big part of our DL rotation.

Make up your mind. You have started a couple of threads complaining about the Cowboys doing nothing, and now you are complaining because they are doing something.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
How do you know the plan isn’t to keep Collins at LT and kick Fleming inside to guard?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
We are his first scheduled visit? Why would you doubt it?

Because I don’t think the team is serious about signing anyone and I think the players and agents know this. It would not surprise me to hear that he has agreed to a deal with NE or someone else before he makes it to Dallas. I think the visit was scheduled to push another team to get a deal done.