Cowboys to meet with Zimmer

lostar2009

Reaction score
If the cowboys cut him today, there would be 31 teams clawing over one another to sign him.

The idea that a podcast is going to make a superstar player undesirable is crazy.

Can’t believe you’re doubling down on this.
He keep running his mouth yes. He just talk trash about the defensive a week ago.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
AS Defensive Coordinator his teams had the following records:

2000 Dallas Cowboys: 5-11
2001 Dallas Cowboys: 5-11
2002 Dallas Cowboys: 5-11
2003 Dallas Cowboys: 10-6
2004 Dallas Cowboys: 6-10
2005 Dallas Cowboys: 9-7
2006 Dallas Cowboys: 9-7
2007 Atlanta Falcons: 4-12
2008 Cincinnati Bengals: 4-11-1
2009 Cincinnati Bengals: 10-6
2010 Cincinnati Bengals: 4-12
2011 Cincinnati Bengals: 9-7
2012 Cincinnati Bengals: 10-6
2013 Cincinnati Bengals: 11-5

As Head Coach:
2014 Minnesota Vikings: 7-9
2015 Minnesota Vikings: 11-5
2016 Minnesota Vikings: 8-8
2017 Minnesota Vikings: 13-3
2018 Minnesota Vikings: 8-7-1
2019 Minnesota Vikings: 10-6
2020 Minnesota Vikings: 7-9
2021 Minnesota Vikings: 8-9

Just one good season where a Mike Zimmer team as DC or HC made it beyond the divisional round.

He is the definition of mediocre, and where he goes mediocrity follows. Thus, he's a perfect fit and return to the Garrett years 8-8 standard.

What's the most puzzling is that we have plenty of Cowboys fans inexplicably being okay with a return to mediocrity. Don't you want more? What did you see from Zimmer last time he was with Dallas that leaves you wanting more mediocrity? What did he ever do outside of Dallas to warrant the enthusiasm some of you have for his return?
This is a highly skewed way of evaluating a DC, by looking at overall team record which is influenced by offense and special teams.

I mean, if you lose a game 14-10 and the QB threw 4 picks and the kicker missed 2 FGs, is it really the DC's fault you lost the game when he held the other team to just 14 points?

You have to look at how the defense ranked during those years under Zimmmerman.............I will save you some time..........most years his defense ranked in the top 10 in both yards and points allowed.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Sounds like another retread, been there done that. Just give us Vrabel PLEASE!
Word is that Vrabel had $8 million left on his contract with the Titans and he would forfeit that if he took a DC job.

He is going to sit out the year and collect his bag, then try to get another gig next year with a team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'll take Zimmer over Rivera 8 days of the week.

Exactly.......lets us a cooking analogy.......its like if you get ready to cook dinner and all you got is either pork chops or a bologna sandwich, it doesn't matter if you want a NY Strip. You aint got that.

So, you got two choices, bologna (Rivera) or pork chops (Zimmerman).

Doesnt matter if you want a NY Strip (Vrabel).

Gambit

Reaction score
Word is that Vrabel had $8 million left on his contract with the Titans and he would forfeit that if he took a DC job.

He is going to sit out the year and collect his bag, then try to get another gig next year with a team.
Word is there is at least one GM who feels that Vrabel's physical stature is intimidating which is why he's not getting attention.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Word is there is at least one GM who feels that Vrabel's physical stature is intimidating which is why he's not getting attention.
LOL, I never really thought about that but Vrabel always has that look on his face that he is about to tear you a new a-hole.:laugh:

I could see how that could intimidate a lot of folks.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
This is a highly skewed way of evaluating a DC, by looking at overall team record which is influenced by offense and special teams.

I mean, if you lose a game 14-10 and the QB threw 4 picks and the kicker missed 2 FGs, is it really the DC's fault you lost the game when he held the other team to just 14 points?

You have to look at how the defense ranked during those years under Zimmmerman.............I will save you some time..........most years his defense ranked in the top 10 in both yards and points allowed.
I agree with you but most fans aren’t that football smart for lack of a better term so I’m not surprised by the logic the poster you quoted used. Same logic that have some thinking Dak is better than he really is because of his “record”

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

Defense wins championships. You don't have to like it, but everybody knows this. Zimmer has never been a champion anywhere, and his record stinks of mediocrity. Hiring Zimmer would be extremely stupid. His defense philosophy doesn't work in the playoffs (sound familiar?). He's old and tired, and not desired by anyone other than Jerry.

You should want more from your team like hiring the best, not old, tired, boring retreads that aren't going to accomplish anything more than wasted seasons.