Twitter: Cowboys to name Doug Nussmeier TE Coach

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Good hire I guess. He has lots of recent college experience so hopefully he can help bring some fresh concepts to the Air Garrett offense.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
This sums it up well. While I don't know why, they've decided to go "all in" with Linehan. And this is another one of his guys hired.

Like you said, "no excuses".
Jason has nearly no coaching experience outside of Dallas to tie him to other coaches.

Plus is known for stabbing Wade in the back, throwing Ryan under the bus and a few other coaching sins.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other side of coin is, if it fails, it means almost all the offensive staff will be gone.

I hope so, but that assumes accountability, and I'm not sure if that can be a given at this point.

As fans, we all hope they succeed and things go well, but if they don't, the team needs to clean house. "No excuses".

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a good thing fans trashed the Cowboys for hiring Marc Colombo when they did because if they had waited to see who the team actually hired they would have missed the chance.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Dangit. Wanted the Kubiak guy. He could have actually helped the offense with input.

I don't know how Florida's offense was so terrible, but maybe he learned something. Meh.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Fortunately, it doesn't take much coaching to tell Witten to keep doing what he's been doing for the past 15 years and for the other tight ends to follow Witten and do what he does.
You mean tell Witten to keep doing what he's been doing and tell the other TE's to sit down and shut up.
Except Hanna... get out there and block, you receiving TE.

Corso

Reaction score
sounds like a case of someone who knows someone kinda like politics lol
There was some noob here today, or last evening whining about armchair GM's and said that age old "If y'all were so good, why aren't you GM's?" like it works like that.
There's a reason the Jeff Fishers of the world keep getting jobs: Good 'Ol Boy's Network.
Exact same thing in my field of work.

If you're In, you're IN, but to get IN...

It's not how good you are, it's the circles you keep.

Corso

Reaction score
There was some noob here today, or last evening whining about armchair GM's and said that age old "If y'all were so good, why aren't you GM's?" like it works like that.
There's a reason the Jeff Fishers of the world keep getting jobs: Good 'Ol Boy's Network.
Exact same thing in my field of work.

If you're In, you're IN, but to get IN...

It's not how good you are, it's the circles you keep.
Don't worry guys, I just reported myself. That'll teach me, heh heh heh... Wait.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know nothing about the guy, but why do fans think there's a lot of overlap between OC at a major college and position coaching in the NFL? Those two jobs seem pretty different, to me.