Twitter: Cowboys to name Doug Nussmeier TE Coach

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Finally!! That ends the new coach hirings doesn't it? New additions in Alexander, Lal and Richard I like. QB coach? Couldn't be worse than Wilson I suppose. looks like a decent staff. Who knows

jrumann59

Reaction score
I figure TE coach to be half receiver coach half OL coach, but I guess that would be too simplistic...

Donut

Reaction score
Sounds like a smoker I hope he can make it through a season.

GenoT

Reaction score
This sums it up well. While I don't know why, they've decided to go "all in" with Linehan. And this is another one of his guys hired.

Like you said, "no excuses".
It also buys Linehan at least another season after 2018, as he’s gotta be given time to get all the new guys up to speed and on the same page.

Remember...it’s a process.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I just threw up ....A U of I reunion in Dallas....Just about as bad as the Eagles winning the Super Bowl.:banghead:

Honestly...what the hell is this guy gonna tell Witten? He's never played the position...LOL @ this hire. This is definately a helping a buddy get a job move.

Gonna have to start digging around to find out who else Linehan is gonna recruit from his U of I days. :popcorn:

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
not a good hire. As a sort of Gators fan (I look at standings but I'm not a fan of college football in general), I can honestly say the offense has sucked.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
The other guy who had made a career out of coaching TEs sounded better, but maybe they brought this guy in to hold Moore’s hand while he gets his feet wet since Witten doesn’t need coaching.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I've got a hunch that Witten may end up coaching Nussmier as much as Nussmier coaches him.

It could probably end up being a coordinated effort in that respect. I say good luck to them both. :D

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

The Cowboys are expected to name Doug Nussmeier as tight ends coach, according to sources. Nussmeier was the offensive coordinator at Florida last season. He has also been the offensive coordinator at Michigan and Alabama. He had a five-year NFL career as a backup quarterback with the New Orleans Saints and Indianapolis Colts. He was the quarterbacks coach for the St. Louis Rams for two seasons when offensive coordinator Scott Linehan was head coach. Like Linehan, he played collegiately at Idaho.

Seeing His papered credentials we're immediately encouraging:thumbup:

Nussmeier was Linehan's QB at U of Idaho when Linehan was offensive coordinator there in 1990s
He completely sucked as Florida's OC for the last 3 years.
Then I stumbled across these couple of 'added' insights,,,o_O
Yhis should be a good fit.

Coached with Linehan?

its all good.

Welcome.
Then more "positive reenforcement",,,:huh:,,,YES!
I'M JAZZED.
:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Another Linehan disciple. OH BOY...SB here we come. But seriously...this is a pretty decent hire.