Twitter: Cowboys to name Doug Nussmeier TE Coach

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry hired a Linehan guy, does that mean that when Jason gets fired, Linehan will be our next head coach?

It means they're hiring guys who the OC wants to work with and obviously thinks he's got a history of working effectively with.

Since the organization actually likes its head coach, the conversation pretty much starts and ends with that. Until it affects the bottom line--which it won't--the fans don't get a vote when it comes to who runs the team. Which is good, because our fans aren't very discerning anyway.

CWR

Reaction score
:lmao:
That's a seldom seen word around here : Optimism & this is the time for it's infectious spread, I'm laying my '20/20 hindsight' cards down on the table right now, #4 will continue to struggle in 2018 while improving (some) but throwing another high draft pick towards his betterment in a WR isn't the cure for what's ailing him.
We need to shore up the defense in a major effort this spring,at least two LB's of league playing caliber,the DL needs one also, wanting and needing a strong position player at safety might have to wait or be aquired in FA, I'll be bummed if we draft more than one player on offense (lineman) within the first 4 rounds
( man,we have potent firepower enough on that side of the ball, it's just not being properly employed)

:starspin::star::starspin:

Agree with LB being our biggest priority and Ill put OT as 1B. Both Lee and Smith are phenomenal and the chances either stay healthy is slim.

I actually would love a WR as well. Dez hasnt been Dez in a few years and although Dak deserves blame, maybe the two will never mesh. For better or worse Dak is the man next year. For a year and a half he was unreal, last year he looked like a hs qb the last couple months. Im hoping with better protection and pass catchers ( including a TE that can stretch the field) Dak will return to form.

Although I cant blame anyone for wanting to load up on defense we need a small shot in the arm on offense as well imho.

Fortunately we have the resources, lets see if we have the brains to aquire talent now. We draft well and are crap in FA, that has to change. Bargain bin is a waste, Id much prefer one or two real players at the same total cost.

This may be the strangest offseason I can remember. I am usually optimistic, but after philthy won a bowl and Garrett remains I am just hoping for the best, Dak terrifies me and I feel like we are at a boiling point. Make the step to yearly contender, or years of struggling mightily.

waving monkey

Reaction score
This guy isn't some kind of disciple of Linehan, and he isn't setting game plans or calling plays, so I don't see a problem. He's just a TE coach, not a major cog in the coaching machine.
that doesn't matter we must dis any actions by the enemy

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Agree with LB being our biggest priority and Ill put OT as 1B. Both Lee and Smith are phenomenal and the chances either stay healthy is slim.

I actually would love a WR as well. Dez hasnt been Dez in a few years and although Dak deserves blame, maybe the two will never mesh. For better or worse Dak is the man next year. For a year and a half he was unreal, last year he looked like a hs qb the last couple months. Im hoping with better protection and pass catchers ( including a TE that can stretch the field) Dak will return to form.

Although I cant blame anyone for wanting to load up on defense we need a small shot in the arm on offense as well imho.

Fortunately we have the resources, lets see if we have the brains to aquire talent now. We draft well and are crap in FA, that has to change. Bargain bin is a waste, Id much prefer one or two real players at the same total cost.

This may be the strangest offseason I can remember. I am usually optimistic, but after philthy won a bowl and Garrett remains I am just hoping for the best, Dak terrifies me and I feel like we are at a boiling point. Make the step to yearly contender, or years of struggling mightily.
Right-on!
Maybe I've got my head down with blinders on but just what is #80's(GORICO)status? Last info was that Twitter post he put out about trying to be a musical mogel or something,,,,:huh:,,,some sharp eyed fellow member took note of the fact he was still wearing his dark basement concussion protocol sunglasses was kinda' disturbing,,,in my envisioned plan of attack, putting him out on that field is all this offense needs to mesh.
( Watch some spine Philly DB pull a helmet to helmet ''no flag" hit on him & sideline him away for good:rolleyes:),,,er,,,but still,#4 vapor locks under perceived pressure and goes tunnel vision, nullifying better than half of his viable targets once "he" reads 'no go' and checks out on them,I don't care who we were to trot out there as receivers,past or present in their prime.

I'm all for aquirring talent at WR,just not in the first 4 PICKS of this draft.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Right-on!
Maybe I've got my head down with blinders on but just what is #80's(GORICO)status? Last info was that Twitter post he put out about trying to be a musical mogel or something,,,,:huh:,,,some sharp eyed fellow member took note of the fact he was still wearing his dark basement concussion protocol sunglasses was kinda' disturbing,,,in my envisioned plan of attack, putting him out on that field is all this offense needs to mesh.
( Watch some spine Philly DB pull a helmet to helmet ''no flag" hit on him & sideline him away for good:rolleyes:),,,er,,,but still,#4 vapor locks under perceived pressure and goes tunnel vision, nullifying better than half of his viable targets once "he" reads 'no go' and checks out on them,I don't care who we were to trot out there as receivers,past or present in their prime.

I'm all for aquirring talent at WR,just not in the first 4 PICKS of this draft.

Yeah true, Rico looked legit in the preseason. Man, then theres always the question if he is back and healthy will our bonehead coaches play him...

I cant argue in support of Dak, youre right if hes not better we could trot out Antonio Brown without results lol. But yeah being the eternal homer I am, Im clinging to Dak rebounding from last year when he stared down receivers and missed badly on screen passes haha.

Its funny though because after his rookie year and considering his character/work ethic I was a true believer. Hes got me rattled now. But since we are rolling with Garrett and Dak Im gonna hold my breath and hope against hope, cause Im not patient enough to think long term and hope to tank like some of the fellas around here.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Probably because he'll make an excellent scapegoat if things don't work out. They can blame it all on Scott and his guys and get rid of them while Garrett survives.

Exactly....

Funny how hardcore fans can see this coming from a mile away....:laugh:

Jerry already greasing the exit....

Which really...if that is the case ( and I strongly think it is)...then why wait????? All he is doing is stringing this BS along. :rolleyes: