Twitter: Cowboys to release DT Poe and CB Worley if unable to find trade partner today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Who was it that took over free agency after McClay moved to focus on the draft? I think it was the year we signed Jasper Brinkley and some other bums in FA.

Our free agent classes have been dumpster fires ever since that move was made.

Plankton

Reaction score
Yeah you are in the minority....all offseason people were hyped because we finally got some DTs....they did not go cheap with McCoy, Poe and Griffey. If the Cowboys failed it was going after guys who didn’t fit the scheme. Nobody considered those moves bad.

The bolded flies in the face of what McCarthy said in regards to the draft board - they will fit the scheme to talented players, not the other way around.

Aven8

Reaction score
Oh I still see some that shouldn't be removed and nobody is saying anything.

My perpetual target Tyrone Crawford comes to mind. That guys is making more money than all of these trade/cut guys COMBINED, and his stats are even worse than Poe's!

But nothing coming out about him, is there?

I hope that they go the Cavanaugh route and trade off anyone they can, especially the contract year guys. Get whatever you can to try to rebuild this disaster next year.

He’s the leader that Jerry was talking about Stash! :D

jblaze2004

Reaction score
lets see if we can get at-least one 7th rounder baby lmao.

With how crappy they have played who would want to trade for them?
Poe might get a 7th from a desperate team. But that is very unlikely.

I wonder if Poe and Griffen are one of the guys that was calling out the coaching staff. Lets remember, they came from other teams and are new to the Cowboys this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s the leader that Jerry was talking about Stash! :D

Clearly.

Leading us down that:

CraftyBountifulGraysquirrel-small.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm in lock-step with you. I have no complaints about cutting these guys, nor the Griffen trade, nobody has been good. But the problems don't begin and end with them, they are only a PART of the problems.
I agree and what I'm afraid of is they clean house to get personnel to fit what Nolan wants to do. That scares the hell out of me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cheap. Special teams player. Not a bad locker room guy likely. Doesn’t hurt the cap next season
That's a low bar. And why does this organization treat special teams players as royalty? As if no one can come off the street and be as good as Thompson is in special teams? He's not Bill Bates....

I think that Thompson tries, and that's good enough for these guys, despite the fact that he's not good despite all of that 'trying'.
Damn what a low bar for them....just someone who tries lol. Damn lol...I guess that explains why Crawford has been here and still here.

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
I agree and what I'm afraid of is they clean house to get personnel to fit what Nolan wants to do. That scares the hell out of me.

I wouldn't worry about that too much. There are plenty of DCs out there who rely on bigger, one-gap DL. The secondary players are pretty interchangeable. No clue what kind of LBs he's looking for, but the ones we have ain't it.

Carson

Reaction score
That's a low bar. And why does this organization treat special teams players as royalty? As if no one can come off the street and be as good as Thompson is in special teams? He's not Bill Bates....

Damn what a low bar for them....just someone who tries lol. Damn lol...I guess that explains why Crawford has been here and still here.

We didn’t say we like him or want to keep him lol. Just answering possibly why he is still employed. Look at Olawales terrible contract lol

John813

Reaction score
Are you implying he's playing WELL?

Funny, both LVE and Smith had 12 tackles each last game.

They can rack up tackles but their impact so far is close to nil as playmakers back there.

Could have Scott Shanle back there for the same play results and tackle numbers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Griffen was just a name. Nobody here watched him play last year. Same with Poe.
Yeah I don't want to hear that crap. You can say that on Poe because he graded out bad but Griffen graded out well with the Vikings last season. Its clear the Cowboys were playing him wrong from start.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about that too much. There are plenty of DCs out there who rely on bigger, one-gap DL. The secondary players are pretty interchangeable. No clue what kind of LBs he's looking for, but the ones we have ain't it.

I don't want to look for edge rushers to fit his scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.