Twitter: Cowboys to release DT Poe and CB Worley if unable to find trade partner today

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We didn’t say we like him or want to keep him lol. Just answering possibly why he is still employed. Look at Olawales terrible contract lol
I know. Just stating my thought on why Thompson is here. There's absolutely no reason he should be here. I'm not even for him being cut I just thought this team was going with youth and getting rid of the scapegoats......

Zordon

Reaction score
I don't get all the criticism. These guys are bums. Poe especially doesn't even play hard.

Would people rather they kept running them out onto the field?
We are cynical because we know this front office has rabbit ears when it comes to media/fan criticism. These transactions look like the type of low hanging fruit moves you make to quell the pitchfork crowd. You don't get credit for cutting a bunch of 1/2yr guys that you had no intention of resigning. Go cut Jaylon or trade him and I'll know you're serious about not standing for piss poor defensive effort. Go trade Amari and I'll know you're serious about a culture change. Some of their most problematic personalities that are contributing to the softness permeating from the locker room are your long-term foundational pieces, deal with them.

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
I don't want to look for edge rushers to fit his scheme.

Frankly, we need to be looking for them anyway. The only reliable rusher we have signed long term is Lawrence and they need to get out of his contract the first year it becomes affordable to do so.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Seriously. It's mind boggling how much of a miss and mistake virtually every signing was. I never saw that coming.
I wouldn't say they were misses and mistakes I honestly think their mistake had more to do with who they hired to run a defense when he told the administration he was going to be hybrid to only come in and run strictly a 3-4 defense with a bunch of disguises that only fools his own players.

Carson

Reaction score
I wouldn't say they were misses and mistakes I honestly think they mistake had more to do with who they hired to run a defense when he told the administration he was going to be hybrid to only come in and run strictly a 3-4 defense with a bunch of disguises that only fools his own players.

Agreed. 0% chance HaHa was worse than Thompson and Wilson for starters

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
We are cynical because we know this front office has rabbit ears when it comes to media/fan criticism. These transactions look like the type of low hanging fruit moves you make to quell the pitchfork crowd.
Well first, I don't know that cutting a non-descript nosetackle and a backup corner are going to affect ticket sales or revenue. We know these guys well, but I bet the average Cowboys fan doesn't even know who they are.

Second, even if this is some kind of show move, it's still a move that needs to be made and I'd rather they made it than refusing to admit mistakes and continuing to play them. The biggest thing is I'm sick of seeing these bums on the field. Look at that Hamilton guy, he came in off the street and started showing up right away because he at least plays hard.

I do hope that report that "J Smooth" needs to get better or get out is accurate.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Agreed. 0% chance HaHa was worse than Thompson and Wilson for starters
Oh no doubt I have been saying this all along there's simply no way this guy regressed that much since starting for Chicago's defense. That let me know what was up right there.

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
I wouldn't say they were misses and mistakes I honestly think they mistake had more to do with who they hired to run a defense when he told the administration he was going to be hybrid to only come in and run strictly a 3-4 defense with a bunch of disguises that only fools his own players.

I feel like Nolan is doing a really poor job of trying to mimic what the Rams are doing on defense this year. That defense is pretty cool. This one is worse than garbage.

fansince68

Reaction score
Who trades for players about to be released? Some absolute geniuses running this franchise.
Well, all a team has to do is watch the tape and see that there is no value for these players. They will be cut and probably stay cut.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Didn't like the pickups when it happened, and I said so, because:

1. The Panthers run defense was pathetic in 2019 with McCoy and Poe. How good could they be?
2. Both old
3. Both had injuries they had to get over before they could play well.
4. The Cowboys defense at the time was a 4-3, guys like Poe are suited for a 3-4. 4-3 needs more like an Aaron Donald, good against the run and the pass.

So now both are gone (as soon as Poe is actually cut).

Just more of the continuing string of miserable Jerry Jones general manager decisions...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
i believe hes top 5 i the nfl in tackles but we all know theres far more to that stat..hes under performing..

When every running back in the league blows past your entire d-line, well, you get lots of opportunities, don't need to make a huge percentage of the tackles to rack up stats...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would trade for them. They were available as FAs before the season and they have only demonstrated to be worth even less now.
probably why they threw it out there just in case someone wants a guarantee to get them for a 7th or something. not likely but doesn't hurt to check.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I think this is further proof that Jaylon Smith is playing his last year in Dallas. The film does not lie. And they are getting rid of guys whose film is a smoldering pile of.....

I am actually encouraged that they are letting the film rule the day. I understand cap penalties must be considered....but when the cap hit is negligible...the film better be good enough for you to stick around. And we know what the film on #54 screams!
Too much dead money. His contract becomes easy to take the hit after one More year. Same with with Amari. Y’all need to go to the salary cap site and study the ramifications for early release: this is 2020, not 2002.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/jaylon-smith-18982/

Sydla

Reaction score
Didn't like the pickups when it happened, and I said so, because:

1. The Panthers run defense was pathetic in 2019 with McCoy and Poe. How good could they be?
2. Both old
3. Both had injuries they had to get over before they could play well.
4. The Cowboys defense at the time was a 4-3, guys like Poe are suited for a 3-4. 4-3 needs more like an Aaron Donald, good against the run and the pass.

So now both are gone (as soon as Poe is actually cut).

Just more of the continuing string of miserable Jerry Jones general manager decisions...

I'll defend the McCoy signing. It was worth the risk IMO. If you looked at Carolina, they played better against the run when he was there as opposed to when he was out hurt. They should have brought another DT in other than Poe.

Status
Not open for further replies.