Cowboys to reset RB Market

Carson

Reaction score
dude Corum's got more mileage on his legs and injury prone all throughout college,

I would NOT touch him unless hes the 2nd one we draft and is 4th or lower rounds. We need one with LESS milage and can have longer shelf life.hes high risk my man.. played like 6 years in college because his injuries had him coming back..
He’s a great kid. I coached him and his know his father.

He is a hard working kid and tough as hell. He is a bit older, but I can promise whoever he gets a chance with they won’t be disappointed

Kwyn

Reaction score
Who the ***** did we move up to grab in 2023?
We traded #164 this year in exchange for the Chiefs #178 last year.

“Cowboys trade up to the top of the sixth round and at No. 178 overall they take Southern Miss CB Eric Scott Jr. Another 30 visit player.”

14 spots to get one now in exchange for one the next year is pretty routine and a reasonable price.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He’s a great kid. I coached him and his know his father.

He is a hard working kid and tough as hell. He is a bit older, but I can promise whoever he gets a chance with they won’t be disappointed
I have no doubt to what you say except for i think we would be disappointed, i already have issues with his injury and surgery issues and milage. that not the best thing for the DC IMHO

Carson

Reaction score
I have no doubt to what you say except for i think we would be disappointed, i already have issues with his injury and surgery issues and milage. that not the best thing for the DC IMHO
I hear you blue. All concerns to be worried about

MikeT22

Reaction score
We traded #164 this year in exchange for the Chiefs #178 last year.

“Cowboys trade up to the top of the sixth round and at No. 178 overall they take Southern Miss CB Eric Scott Jr. Another 30 visit player.”

14 spots to get one now in exchange for one the next year is pretty routine and a reasonable price.
We got him “now” and then he was inactive the majority of the season.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They did. Pollard. They underutilized him during his rookie contract to justify the massive salary to Zeke. Then by the time they wanted to feature Pollard he was coming off a broken leg and never the same.

This is a very poorly managed franchise.
OR he was never meant to be a heavy carries guy as the one season of high carries has detailed.
All Zeke being gone showed was how much we missed him in short yardage and in keeping TP fresh.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We got him “now” and then he was inactive the majority of the season.
And if he helps this year it will be a fairly large win.
Can he be CB4 after Diggs/Bland and whomever gets the nickel?
I hope so.

loublue22

Reaction score
I broke this down last year. All the best RB outside of 1 were drafted in the late first to mid second round. I'll take a look at this year and see if that holds true still
The guy who destroyed us Wild Card Weekend was a 5th rounder.

MikeT22

Reaction score
And if he helps this year it will be a fairly large win.
Can he be CB4 after Diggs/Bland and whomever gets the nickel?
I hope so.
That’s all we have is blind hope seeing how he never saw action this year. Just like 4th rounder Fehoko.

Richards, Deuce and Jalen Brooks played sparingly but were inactive far more than they were active.

kskboys

Reaction score
I was pointing out the teams in the playoffs

I wasn't trying to point out exceptions....just the facts

I have never made the statement that you can find a RB anywhere. ...though, if you asked me I'd say using a high 1st round pick on one would be a bit crazy.
Other than that, I'm not opposed to taking one after that...so late 1st thru 7th
Apologies, I simply hear that about getting RB's in the late rounds trash all the time, went in w/ my little agenda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I can see a few of these backs getting a simple 2 year 10 million range. Which id be happy with for Jacob’s Henry or Barkley. Curious to see if a team overspends

kskboys

Reaction score
Who the ***** did we move up to grab in 2023?
I know we paid to move up for Eric Scott, but that was in the 6th.

I think the 5th was for Brandin Cooks, and the 6th was to move up for Eric Scott.

kskboys

Reaction score
I broke this down last year. All the best RB outside of 1 were drafted in the late first to mid second round. I'll take a look at this year and see if that holds true still
I looked at the starting Rb's last year, and 20 of 32 were drafted in rounds 1 and 2.

kskboys

Reaction score
that's nice to say in hindsight but many around here said Pollard was the number one running back and said if they moved on from Zeke they needed to keep TP to bridge the gap.. only to see him be average as a 1 but it happens. he was top 12 in yards 40 yards from fifth place and many RBs this year did worse go look at the names below him....

they now have a year where they can reboot the run game it was time. they did NOT know at the time the rb market was going to drop lower than the FT average, they know now...
No hindsight here. Polly is a comp back, and I've thought that since the beginning, and so did many many others. Offhand, I'd say there weren't all that many spewing that he was a #1 RB, they were just obnoxious about it.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Top 20 RBs in 2023:

1. Christian McCaffrey (1459) | San Francisco 49ers RB. / 1st

2. Derrick Henry (1167) | Tennessee Titans RB / 2nd

3. Kyren Williams (1144) | Los Angeles Rams RB. / 5th

4. James Cook (1122) | Buffalo Bills RB / 2nd

5. D'Andre Swift (1049) | Philadelphia Eagles RB / 2nd

6. James Conner (1040) | Arizona Cardinals RB. / 3rd

7. Najee Harris (1035) | Pittsburgh Steelers RB. / 1st

8. Joe Mixon (1034) | Cincinnati Bengals RB. /. 2nd

9. David Montgomery (1015) | Detroit Lions RB. / 3rd

10. Raheem Mostert (1012) | Miami Dolphins RB. /. UDFA

11. Travis Etienne Jr. (1008) | Jacksonville Jaguars RB / 1st

12. Tony Pollard (1005) | Dallas Cowboys RB / 4th

13. Breece Hall (994) | New York Jets RB / 2nd

14. Rachaad White (990) | Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB / 3rd

15. Bijan Robinson (976) | Atlanta Falcons RB / 1st

16. Saquon Barkley (962) | New York Giants RB 1st

17. Jahmyr Gibbs (945) | Detroit Lions RB / 1st

18. Isiah Pacheco (935) | Kansas City Chiefs RB / 7th

19. Kenneth Walker III (905) | Seattle Seahawks RB / 2nd

20. Chuba Hubbard (902) | Carolina Panthers RB / 4th

1st round - 6
2nd rounds - 6
3rd round - 3
4th round - 2
5th round - 1
6th round -0
7th round - 1
UDFA - 1

Only 3 of the top 20 backs were taken after the 4th round. There are always a few outliers, but if you want a primary RB good luck finding him in the 5th or later.

For various reasons, round 1 may not be the wisest. The sweet spot is rounds 2-3.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
That’s all we have is blind hope seeing how he never saw action this year. Just like 4th rounder Fehoko.

Richards, Deuce and Jalen Brooks played sparingly but were inactive far more than they were active.
It was blind hope when the trade was made and/or when the draft pick would occur this year as well.
the trade itself saw them give up 14 spots to draft a year earlier and that is a definite win when the going rate is one full round.
5th and 6th round picks will fail a lot more than they hit.
No matter what team drafts them that holds true.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Top 20 RBs in 2023:

1. Christian McCaffrey (1459) | San Francisco 49ers RB. / 1st

2. Derrick Henry (1167) | Tennessee Titans RB / 2nd

3. Kyren Williams (1144) | Los Angeles Rams RB. / 5th

4. James Cook (1122) | Buffalo Bills RB / 2nd

5. D'Andre Swift (1049) | Philadelphia Eagles RB / 2nd

6. James Conner (1040) | Arizona Cardinals RB. / 3rd

7. Najee Harris (1035) | Pittsburgh Steelers RB. / 1st

8. Joe Mixon (1034) | Cincinnati Bengals RB. /. 2nd

9. David Montgomery (1015) | Detroit Lions RB. / 3rd

10. Raheem Mostert (1012) | Miami Dolphins RB. /. UDFA

11. Travis Etienne Jr. (1008) | Jacksonville Jaguars RB / 1st

12. Tony Pollard (1005) | Dallas Cowboys RB / 4th

13. Breece Hall (994) | New York Jets RB / 2nd

14. Rachaad White (990) | Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB / 3rd

15. Bijan Robinson (976) | Atlanta Falcons RB / 1st

16. Saquon Barkley (962) | New York Giants RB 1st

17. Jahmyr Gibbs (945) | Detroit Lions RB / 1st

18. Isiah Pacheco (935) | Kansas City Chiefs RB / 7th

19. Kenneth Walker III (905) | Seattle Seahawks RB / 2nd

20. Chuba Hubbard (902) | Carolina Panthers RB / 4th

1st round - 6
2nd rounds - 6
3rd round - 3
4th round - 2
5th round - 1
6th round -0
7th round - 1
UDFA - 1

Only 3 of the top 20 backs were taken after the 4th round. There are always a few outliers, but if you want a primary RB good luck finding him in the 5th or later.

For various reasons, round 1 may not be the wisest. The sweet spot is rounds 2-3.
You could certainly talk me into drafting a guy in R3 or for trading for a starter with that R3.

sacase

Reaction score
I looked at the starting Rb's last year, and 20 of 32 were drafted in rounds 1 and 2.
Yeah when I looked last year, the sweet spot was picks 25-45 for a RB. I believe at the end of last year the top 8 backs were all 1st or 2nd rounders.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Im old and getting confused by the bs moderm terminolgy... ditching the rb is now resetting the market?
this doesnt make sense, resetting is going up not down lol
I dont think dallas is going to give any RB top pay + which is resetting , unless they get henry or something.
The only way pollard stays is if he signs for 5 mil or less.