Cowboys to reset RB Market

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sign a vet like Moss, and use a mid round pick on a RB. You can get a good running back anywhere in rounds 3-6.
I disagree I don't think you wait past the third round to get a running back you need to get a top five running back you need to put a list together on the top five best fits at running back coming into the draft and you need to make sure you get one of them no matter where you pick them that guy has to come off your board whether it's in the second round or the third round you gotta get him... Young fresh legs on a cheap contract for running back is the one position that you can do that in the draft...

lostar2009

Reaction score
I thought they did that when they paid Pollard 10M for a season? Nope, only the Cowboys are once again stupid enough to do what they do. JJ and son been in this game way too long to under/over value players, throwing out bad contracts, and not to be proactive on their roster as they constantly do. Its getting to point where they need to stay out of football operations and just stay on the money/marketing side of the ball.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did we not see the play off teams that run the ball make it deeper in the play offs? Smh. I get the not paying the rb, but you have to have talent. We gonna draft one every 3 years and hope he hits and that's what were gonna have the entire season ride on? Cause lord knows this qb needs a great running game. Dak is at his best when play action has the defense biting.
Yeah you just named 75% of the league quarterbacks it's called not being one-dimensional it's called complementary football it's pretty much what football is all about...

However you create that run game,

well that just depends on the offensive coordinator and the head coach but it absolutely is part of the NFL success. most if not all quarterbacks play better and succeed with complimentary football you know that guy named Troy and that other guy named Roger never carried the team through the air and even less Danny white his numbers were putrid and yet he had Tony Dorsett /Emmitt Smith and some of the best offensive lineman to ever play the game and somehow you add in good defense some great weapons at wide receiver and you act like they didn't need it!

you damn right they needed it because they still threw interceptions and made mistakes given all the advantages, they had over Romo and dak....

So why don't we just leave Prescott's name out of it when we say hey this team would be better with a run game it would be better with playing complimentary football versus 1 dimensional football with an offensive line that could get beat with a four man rush and the other narrative I keep hearing is well he doesn't play well against zone yeah when the zone includes seven guys back in coverage kinda hard to throw the football when four guys are putting pressure on you with no run game they know what's coming this is how it is most of this year and in the playoffs the last three or four losses go find me that run game go find me that offensive line and many games go find me the damn defense!!

There aren't very many quarterbacks that play football that succeed when the defense can dictate what you do.... Our run game was average but some of it was the offensive line and not just the running backs and the offensive line also at times were bad also in the pass game in the same damn game again four man lines were able to beat this team too many times....

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yup. After ignoring the scouting reports that tell you what's wrong w/ a player, they take him anyway, he fails, and then we go high in the draft. Rinse Wash Repeat.
post of the afternoon!!!!!!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Translation : No Henry or Barkley

I am ok with AJ Dillon at 3.5 and D’onta Foreman at $3
but I have to agree with that if these dudes want money or their contracts dictate they want bigger money including Josh Jacobs and many others go look at the stats Tony Pollard is disappointed as he was it is disappointing as our very average run game was he still was ranked twelve and only 46 yards from 5th place in yards... I mean I believe he had a few more yards than some of these names were mentioning and even swift over there with the Eagles only had about 40 or 50 yards more than him for the entire season that isn't very much..... So given that information why would you go get a guy like Henry or Barkley that possibly are gonna be paid twice as much and possibly fall off a Cliff like Henry's mid season he could just end up not having it anymore or get a major injury what's the injury department you might end up having Barkley do that as well...

I do not think the answer is getting a big name that wants big money you're right these guys in the bigger list than that you can expand your list of mid level veterans along with a top five draft for running backs meaning find the best 5 and get one of those no matter where you gotta pick him if it's the second round so be it we need some fresh legs that has some power and speed we do not need a small back at all..​
These are just my opinions but I believe this offense can be set up if they would really get hunter involved at fullback naked bring in a mid-level guy to be in place of some of the other guys we had on the roster this year and then and hear me out you could use deuce Vaughn very much like we use Tony Pollard early in his career behind zeke just use him for obvious stretch plays you know out of the backfield catching the football you know and the other guy is banging up the d and they begin to wear out , DV still can play that scat back role..​

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Yeah you just named 75% of the league quarterbacks it's called not being one-dimensional it's called complementary football it's pretty much what football is all about...

However you create that run game,

well that just depends on the offensive coordinator and the head coach but it absolutely is part of the NFL success. most if not all quarterbacks play better and succeed with complimentary football you know that guy named Troy and that other guy named Roger never carried the team through the air and even less Danny white his numbers were putrid and yet he had Tony Dorsett /Emmitt Smith and some of the best offensive lineman to ever play the game and somehow you add in good defense some great weapons at wide receiver and you act like they didn't need it!

you damn right they needed it because they still threw interceptions and made mistakes given all the advantages, they had over Romo and dak....

So why don't we just leave Prescott's name out of it when we say hey this team would be better with a run game it would be better with playing complimentary football versus 1 dimensional football with an offensive line that could get beat with a four man rush and the other narrative I keep hearing is well he doesn't play well against zone yeah when the zone includes seven guys back in coverage kinda hard to throw the football when four guys are putting pressure on you with no run game they know what's coming this is how it is most of this year and in the playoffs the last three or four losses go find me that run game go find me that offensive line and many games go find me the damn defense!!

There aren't very many quarterbacks that play football that succeed when the defense can dictate what you do.... Our run game was average but some of it was the offensive line and not just the running backs and the offensive line also at times were bad also in the pass game in the same damn game again four man lines were able to beat this team too many times....
Mccaffery bailed out the 9ers in both their games so far. I don't agree with Dallas and what their doing. This team always so reactive instead of beign proactive. I think they're over thinking it ever since they drafted Zeke and now that's on their minds.

Carson

Reaction score
AJ Dillon and Foreman would literally be the worst Running Back group in the league.
I meant something like a veteran back and then drafting a guy like Corum. You need a cheap vet to eat some snaps

blueblood70

Reaction score
I thought they did that when they paid Pollard 10M for a season? Nope, only the Cowboys are once again stupid enough to do what they do. JJ and son been in this game way too long to under/over value players, throwing out bad contracts, and not to be proactive on their roster as they constantly do. Its getting to point where they need to stay out of football operations and just stay on the money/marketing side of the ball.
that's nice to say in hindsight but many around here said Pollard was the number one running back and said if they moved on from Zeke they needed to keep TP to bridge the gap.. only to see him be average as a 1 but it happens. he was top 12 in yards 40 yards from fifth place and many RBs this year did worse go look at the names below him....

they now have a year where they can reboot the run game it was time. they did NOT know at the time the rb market was going to drop lower than the FT average, they know now...

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Steele was coming off a big injury and I wish we could change out our OL coach. Biadasz will be a FA and probably won't be resigned, I like Brock Hoffman but we will need some depth there. The rest of the line is solid with Bass and Richards good depth.

Maybe a Trey Johnson in the 3rd at RB?

Still want DT/LB in the 1st couple of picks.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I meant something like a veteran back and then drafting a guy like Corum. You need a cheap vet to eat some snaps
dude Corum's got more mileage on his legs and injury prone all throughout college,

I would NOT touch him unless hes the 2nd one we draft and is 4th or lower rounds. We need one with LESS milage and can have longer shelf life.hes high risk my man.. played like 6 years in college because his injuries had him coming back..

lostar2009

Reaction score
that's nice to say in hindsight but many around here said Pollard was the number one running back and said if they moved on from Zeke they needed to keep TP to bridge the gap.. only to see him be average as a 1 but it happens. he was top 12 in yards 40 yards from fifth place and many RBs this year did worse go look at the names below him....

they now have a year where they can reboot the run game it was time. they did NOT know at the time the rb market was going to drop lower than the FT average, they know now...
They could've probably sign Pollard to 2 years for 10M . In my book it was stupid to FT him. Say what you want but Pollard is not a franchise back. A Robin to a Batman, nothing more or less. The duo have a greater impact together than solo.

sacase

Reaction score
If you can't find a decent back in the middle rounds to ride for a couple seasons, your scouting department sucks.
I broke this down last year. All the best RB outside of 1 were drafted in the late first to mid second round. I'll take a look at this year and see if that holds true still

blueblood70

Reaction score
They could've probably sign Pollard to 2 years for 10M . In my book it was stupid to FT him. Say what you want but Pollard is not a franchise back. A Robin to a Batman, nothing more or less. The duo have a greater impact together than solo.
Probably LOL and i like how you know that tony pollard and his agents would have signed that.... again, there was lots of people that thought he was #1 back and being held back by zeke. they got fooled its over hindsight moves and opinions DONT COUNT...

yes in hindsight we should have cut the dude, period ,picked up a mid-level veteran and used Hunter Rico and DV more.,but we CANT go back..but again he was 12th in yards and 40 yards our of 5th and alot of names most covet were below or right around him.. but yes, we paid too much for average and we won't do it again...

i still blame some on MM for not using hunter more and FB based run game more often and also a lot more rico early. the run game was broken and wasn't JUST TP

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Did we not see the play off teams that run the ball make it deeper in the play offs? Smh. I get the not paying the rb, but you have to have talent. We gonna draft one every 3 years and hope he hits and that's what were gonna have the entire season ride on? Cause lord knows this qb needs a great running game. Dak is at his best when play action has the defense biting.
Every QB needs a running game to be effective.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
The 4th was Trey Lance
The 5th was the result of moving up in 2023
The 6th was Brandin Cooks

We’ll also likely have two compensatory picks this year which are not listed above.

Trading picks for players or draft movement is part of what people are asking for when they want the team to go “all in” so being mad about it when they make moves seems like a bit of false outrage to me.
Who the ***** did we move up to grab in 2023?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If Tony goes to a team like Houston with a Shanahan guy it'll be funny to see how fans cope with the lie about him being washed. Maybe then they'll realize why our run game sucks.