Cowboys to Resign B Butler today

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You gave zero legitimate reasons other than saying we have Gregory and some others who have their own issues. Which largely is meaningless.

Explain to me the downside. What's the real downside here that could throw this organization into a tail spin?
If you don’t know, then it’s hopeless to explain it to you.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
This is good. Butler probably needs to resign. For a second there, I was shocked when I thought it said "re-sign"!

JustChip

Reaction score
I'm beginning to warm up to this. Perhaps they cut one of those jag TEs (not named Rico) to accommodate. He and Dak had good rapport and he knows the system. Should slide right back in and give us yet another deep threat.

Me too. I didn't like him running his soup-cooler when he left, but as long as he's not a disciplinary or drug problem (which he wasn't), I'm jiggy for the reasons you say. It seems if it's a TE, it would be Schultz since he was inactive yesterday. I suspect they could get him through to the PS.

Praxit

Reaction score
didnt Butler have Butter hands..? I remember him getting wide open and dropping some crucial balls.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If you don’t know, then it’s hopeless to explain it to you.
Can you explain to the rest of us how a 5th round pick for a potential pro bowl player at a position of need could be bad? Josh Gordon would be the best WR on this team easily. Please don't give me the values crap especially from this organization Jerry and stephen are just as bad as the players we've had. We might as well embrace it at this point.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Could not give up a 5th to get Josh? REALLY??
that is odd. Tells me we are content with the guys we have. Earl Thomas for a 5th could still happen, who knows. We are hoarding lots of salary cap space and picks for some reason.Makes me think something will be done trade wise by the deadline. Makes no sense to not do something to better the team if you have the resources like we do.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Just saw a report from CBS news that the boys called the browns looking to get Josh for cheap, so did the skins. We are so cheap we would not cough up a 5th for 1st rounder talent. In the past that was no problem but now it is. WOW!

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I'm beginning to warm up to this. Perhaps they cut one of those jag TEs (not named Rico) to accommodate. He and Dak had good rapport and he knows the system. Should slide right back in and give us yet another deep threat.

I agree, some of Prescott's best connections last year were with Butler, definitely a down field threat. looks like WR speed is becoming more of an emphasis with Austin and Thompson. It seems Allen Hurns has been forgotten, maybe he's been running routes in the parking and that's why he's been open.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can you explain to the rest of us how a 5th round pick for a potential pro bowl player at a position of need could be bad? Josh Gordon would be the best WR on this team easily. Please don't give me the values crap especially from this organization Jerry and stephen are just as bad as the players we've had. We might as well embrace it at this point.
Just give up and embrace it. Yeah that's the answer. We have enough players with issues already and just got rid of one diva.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Just saw a report from CBS news that the boys called the browns looking to get Josh for cheap, so did the skins. We are so cheap we would not cough up a 5th for 1st rounder talent. In the past that was no problem but now it is. WOW!

You don't remember when we spent big money on FA and aging vets? Don't remember cap hell at all? You want to spend big on Gordon? Seriously? You trust that guy? How many dollars worth of trust you gonna throw at him? WOW!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
You don't remember when we spent big money on FA and aging vets? Don't remember cap hell at all? You want to spend big on Gordon? Seriously? WOW!

A 5th is not a lot to spend on the best receiver on your team. Seriously? WOW! NE did not think so. This is no Roy Williams or Joey Galloway, he is more talented than them and watch with Julian coming back how NE will look.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
A 5th is not a lot to spend on the best receiver on your team. Seriously? WOW! NE did not think so. This is no Roy Williams or Joey Galloway, he is more talented than them and watch with Julian coming back how NE will look.

ok then. We'll see how long Bellichick tolerates him. My bet, NE won't be his last stop this year.

Billyd

Reaction score
Dallas leading WR has 86 yards. Ughhhhhhh !
You just now coming to that conclusion?,Funny thing is that i dont think any reason to sign one..other than media analysts laughing at him for not taking a spin with josh..I wouldnt sign josh either..