News: Cowboys to Restructure Dak Prescott $140 Million Contract

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yup team game. No matter how good Dak's team is they can't carry him to a playoff win, very true. Always some one elses fault but he is never the solution. 6 years of proof he isn't the solution. But because he looks ok on paper fools like him. We can all say jimmy G isn't great he outscored Dak head to head with a sore thumb. Jimmy has taken his team further than Dak ever will, that might be speculation but after 6 years it rings true. That is all I care about but you do you.
nope 100% wrong. He needs team to simply play better around him NOT carry him , they in fact played poorly especially the OL period end of story can't overcome starting have your possessions 1st and 20 sorry the team let dak down not the other way around. And that's a straight fact..Jimmys team for sure carried him..that also a fact.

kskboys

Reaction score
nope 100% wrong. He needs team to simply play better around him NOT carry him , they in fact played poorly especially the OL period end of story can't overcome starting have your possessions 1st and 20 sorry the team let dak down not the other way around. And that's a straight fact..Jimmys team for sure carried him..that also a fact.
There is no doubt that you were drinking heavily during the playoff game.

There were a lot of bad performances, but Dak led the charges. His was by far the worst.

blueblood70

Reaction score

There were a lot of bad performances, but Dak led the charges. His was by far the worst.
nope DISAGREE

sure he didn't play well again how can you when the ol was absolutely horrible piss poor pass blocking against 4 man line who was still getting pressure and allowed to also play coverage , no holes to run through, , defense let the 9ers walk down the field 4 straight drives and score, defense jumping offsides, penalties, bad pay calls..right was dak..get the flip over it;.qbs can have bad games when the team falls apart around you..yup il give you that but dak didn't simply go out and play bald and choke. Sorry that wasn't what i saw

i saw a major league team let down.they all choked. Played what might be the worse game of the season mistake wise outside the raider and Denver game..just BAD..

nobody

Reaction score
nope DISAGREE

sure he didn't play well again how can you when the ol was absolutely horrible piss poor pass blocking against 4 man line who was still getting pressure and allowed to also play coverage , no holes to run through, , defense let the 9ers walk down the field 4 straight drives and score, defense jumping offsides, penalties, bad pay calls..right was dak..get the flip over it;.qbs can have bad games when the team falls apart around you..yup il give you that but dak didn't simply go out and play bald and choke. Sorry that wasn't what i saw

i saw a major league team let down.they all choked. Played what might be the worse game of the season mistake wise outside the raider and Denver game..just BAD..

This.. Dak wasn't the only choker. They ALL choked. (except maybe Parsons. Dude's a rookie) The coaching choked too.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree there.

Dak isn't as bad as many make him out to be, but he certainly isn't good enough to overcome some of the awful play around him.

We either have a very large amount of dumb players or they just don't want it enough.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We are going to be at least $20m under the cap now. That is likely more than enough to keep Gregory, Schultz, a WR, and sign our draft.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Unless dak starts running again he will ultimately fail. Josh Allen for all the hype he gets runs ALOT. Mahomes runs, Herbert runs, burrow runs, etc etc. We will beat nfc east teams and semi good teams but not the cream of the crop

Flamma

Reaction score

LOL!!! Did it surprise you? We've seen this before. Remember the 2nd to last game against the Eagles in 2019 with the division on the line? The team folded, including Dak. Only to go on and crush a crap Washington team in the last week. That pattern started in week 1 of 2019. Crush the crap teams, lay an egg against anyone else. They got 9 points against the Patriots, 10 against the Saints, 15 against Buffalo. Sometimes down by 3 TDs to teams before they wake up. This went on last year and throughout this year as well.

The game against the 49ers is just more of the same. An extension of the last 3 years. I really can't pinpoint the cause. I'm hoping maybe it's Moore? Hope he goes to the Dolphins. I really don't know what is causing this, but I know a pattern when I see one.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
The guy who wrote the article states that there is no current salary for that year but thinks Dak will still be playing to earn it. If this is a standard restructure the money going into that year has all ready been paid to Dak through a bonus , it's just dead money on the cap. Will Dak play for nothing?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Kick that can!
:facepalm:

(He's presently scheduled for "zero'' salary in the final year of his contract, when he's 33. This move will change that.)

‘Change that’. As in add even more to the $13.2 million they will already be paying in 2025 to not even have him under contract.

The team just digs those holes deeper and deeper.

I would tend to agree. However, this isn't Dak's fault. This is the Stephen and Jerry's fault for not acting sooner and giving Dak all of the leverage to get the best contract possible. Zeke also was a factor in which he basically got everything he wanted with very little to show for.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would tend to agree. However, this isn't Dak's fault. This is the Stephen and Jerry's fault for not acting sooner and giving Dak all of the leverage to get the best contract possible. Zeke also was a factor in which he basically got everything he wanted with very little to show for.

Oh I agree on that.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Hooray. Now we can afford to bring back the exact same team that couldn't win this year, coaches included. But this time, we're REALLY all-in!