News: Cowboys to Restructure Dak Prescott $140 Million Contract

MyFairLady

Reaction score
On the bright side this does increase his trade value. Another team might be willing to give us something for his knowing that we will be paying his salary for years to come.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The Rams were in a similar situation before this season. They've shown us the answer, which is pull of whatever deal you need to do to get an elite veteran in and the not quite good enough QB out.
This is disturbingly accurate.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is no surprise. I think the actual CAP relief will be $15.2 million based on a conversion of $19 million of Dak's $20 million salary into bonus. They well as may be as aggressive with Dak as they can because he is not going anywhere for the next 5 years now.

But this does not get them out of the woods yet. That still leaves them $8 million over the 2022 CAP. More restructures are coming.

The questions about restructures vs cuts/trades are really with Zeke, Cooper, DLaw, Tyron, and Collins.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
His cap number after the restructure is 17 million. You aren’t getting a decent QB for less than that. Daks cap number isn’t impacting any ability to do what they want no matter how many times it’s said by the math dunces on this board
You should revisit this statement in 2025 and 2026. I bet you were also loving the 10 million dollar cap hits for Demarcus Lawrence in 2019 and 2020. How you liking the 27 million dollar cap hit this year and the 29 million dollar cap hit next year for an aging and often injured DE. I am sure that you solution there will also be a restructure. Then we cut him after next year and 30 million dollars in cap space suddenly disappears.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
it may help if some other choose to show up as well.
Sure he needs help but at 40 million he needs to lift up the play of others not drag them down. In that play off game he was dragging the team down. How about making a defender miss. How about running for a first down. How about making a throw on the run. Standing in the pocket patting the ball until you get blown up is not a 40 million dollar move.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sure he needs help but at 40 million he needs to lift up the play of others not drag them down. In that play off game he was dragging the team down. How about making a defender miss. How about running for a first down. How about making a throw on the run. Standing in the pocket patting the ball until you get blown up is not a 40 million dollar move.

I don't give a damn about 40 mill it does not change what it takes to win. Having plays made called back facing long yardage situations vs top teams in not something you overcome very easily. I know for some it is easy to blame 1 person for an entire team. I tend to look at those people as morons who are really clueless. NFL is the ultimate team sports and it takes a lot of guys standing up and making plays and as Aikman said avoiding the negative plays. Dak was paid the rate that QB market allows but once the deal is done the game of football does not changed based on what you get paid.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I would completely agree. I look at Kelce last year getting 14m and Mark Andrews this year getting 14m and think "ya you are not even in the same breath as those players" and the ink isn't even dry on the Mark Andrews deal.
Those guys can actually block.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Do a search of all the QBs in the past decade or 2 who were once the highest paid in the NFL.
You will find many of them were never even close to best. You pay what the market says you pay unless you want more years like we had before Dak when Romo went down.

blueblood70

Reaction score
True but the point remains. His stats still suck but he's gone farther than Dak who collects stats but can't win a playoff game. 2 opposites
facts are it team game and always will need the total team ns coaches all Playing their best selves or truly stepping up when its crunch time to win a deep in payoff run. Sorry it holds truie lots of good qbs sitting at home this last game. NOT just Dak..duh but hey..hater be haters that's also always fact.

let me know how dak got flagged 14 times, jumped offsides 3 times, couldn't open hole for RB, couldn't tackle or stop the 9ers O in the first 4 drives? let me know how the Dak also is the OC,..oh wit you think Daks BO Dak plays all 22 positions.?? LMAO.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Yay, more dak. Get ready for perennial wildcard losses for the foreseeable future.
come on man you got more to look forward to than that

We have the Jags on the schedule so you can count on 40-50 points.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
facts are it team game and always will need the total team ns coaches all Playing their best selves or truly stepping up when its crunch time to win a deep in payoff run. Sorry it holds truie lots of good qbs sitting at home this last game. NOT just Dak..duh but hey..hater be haters that's also always fact.

let me know how dak got flagged 14 times, jumped offsides 3 times, couldn't open hole for RB, couldn't tackle or stop the 9ers O in the first 4 drives? let me know how the Dak also is the OC,..oh wit you think Daks BO Dak plays all 22 positions.?? LMAO.

Yup team game. No matter how good Dak's team is they can't carry him to a playoff win, very true. Always some one elses fault but he is never the solution. 6 years of proof he isn't the solution. But because he looks ok on paper fools like him. We can all say jimmy G isn't great he outscored Dak head to head with a sore thumb. Jimmy has taken his team further than Dak ever will, that might be speculation but after 6 years it rings true. That is all I care about but you do you.