News: Cowboys to Restructure Dak Prescott $140 Million Contract

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This seems like a good thing and It seems Dak is a team player willing to help us save cap room.

I’m not shocked Dak continues to get all the criticism he gets, and he does need to grow and play better, however he is a really great QB. Elite QBs don’t come around very often. I stay humble to that because I remember the QB search after Aikman, Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, drew Henson, Bledsoe, & Vinny. I see other franchises struggle for years in that search, bears, skins for example.

I think we can win with Dak, he passes the eye test and he has had record breaking numbers, and has dominated the division. I think he can only get better. Every great QB had a slump this season or bad games we just had a bad game on our first Playoff game, it really sucks but it happens, look at Rogers.

I just hope we can continue to get Dak great coaching and development, and clean up the penalties and time management.
wow, forgot about those QBs...that's who-is-who of HOS (Hall of Shame) QBs....

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Every team in the final four made unconventional decisions at the QB position.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
its pushing money into the future..... almost every team does that and every team has dead cap money they deal with every year.....its the way of NFL...I wouldn't worry so much about something that hasn't happened and will not happen for a few years.

To each their own then. Ignorance is bliss.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We know the feeling.

The point is, both of those teams went all in a QB then made the decision to cut bait instead of kicking the can.
We know the feeling.

The point is, both of those teams went all in a QB then made the decision to cut bait instead of kicking the can.
they did. with top 5 picks....again to get one of those, you need to suck really bad for one year and then get lucky....

2018. 4 QBs taken in top 10....only Allen is working out and he was the biggest question mark coming from a small college (see wentz not working out).
Burrow was as close to a sure thing...Bengals got lucky, as they were the worst team in the league. however, browns were not so lucky when they had the 1st over all pick and Mayfield was one of the top QBs...
we have to wait and see what Lance can do....he is exciting though.

conner01

Reaction score
Cutting or trading Cooper and Lawrence saves money rather than costing.
We could very well cut Amari
I don’t know that I’d consider him a bad signing
He’s the best WR on the team
Dlaw isn’t gonna be cut because what he saves you wouldn’t replace him, if you could even replace him
With Gregory likely leaving and maybe Armstrong too cutting Dlaw guts your dline
Zeke is the contract I’d love to get out of and I suspect we will after next season
Collins contract is one that sure is starting to look like a bad contract. Suspension aside he just didn’t play well
Even if we did cut Amari, which I think is a possibility, they would still restructure Dak because you’d need to replace cooper or you have lamb and turner as the receivers. Not an impressive group to me

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We could very well cut Amari
I don’t know that I’d consider him a bad signing
He’s the best WR on the team

I specified ‘bad contract’ not bad signing. He’s not a bad player, he’s just not playing to a $20 million per year level.

Dlaw isn’t gonna be cut because what he saves you wouldn’t replace him, if you could even replace him
With Gregory likely leaving and maybe Armstrong too cutting Dlaw guts your dline

What exactly is so impossible to replace? He hasn’t come close to the return on investment.

Zeke is the contract I’d love to get out of and I suspect we will after next season

His time will come next year but we’ve gotten ourselves stuck in 2022. That’s why I don’t want ti repeat this vicious cycle.

Collins contract is one that sure is starting to look like a bad contract. Suspension aside he just didn’t play well

I’m not sure what they ultimately decide to do with him.

Even if we did cut Amari, which I think is a possibility, they would still restructure Dak because you’d need to replace cooper or you have lamb and turner as the receivers. Not an impressive group to me

It’s not an ideal choice to be sure. Just likely a necessary one.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I never doubted when the contract was signed that Cowboys knew in advance of how they would work this contract and restructure it. They do not set these contracts up blindly

Darkhound

Reaction score
So long as we have dak as our qb, we will never acomplish anything significant.
Even worse.... untill the jones family sells the team. nothing will truly ever change

glimmerman

Reaction score
We needed to redo some contracts just to get back to 0. We were in the hole. Where are we now as far as cap space..

glimmerman

Reaction score
I never doubted when the contract was signed that Cowboys knew in advance of how they would work this contract and restructure it. They do not set these contracts up blindly
The cap staff know what they are doing and what’s gonna be done year or years in advance..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The cap staff know what they are doing and what’s gonna be done year or years in advance..

I agree, when high dollar contracts are done, teams know ahead of time how they will work that deal over the course of it. I do think we will be unable to retain everyone they want but I think we retain some and will look as we did this past season for guys who can fill in and be part of the rotation.

willia451

Reaction score
PnrrVB3.jpg

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree, when high dollar contracts are done, teams know ahead of time how they will work that deal over the course of it. I do think we will be unable to retain everyone they want but I think we retain some and will look as we did this past season for guys who can fill in and be part of the rotation.
Hoping we hit on big FA or draft pick that’s another game changer like Parsons. That’s asking to much I am sure. Lol. Maybe just a good ready to go O-Lineman or 2. And a big DT that can come in the rotation and make a difference in the run game..

Mannix

Reaction score
So long as we have dak as our qb, we will never acomplish anything significant.
Even worse.... untill the jones family sells the team. nothing will truly ever change

^^^^^^^^^^
Nailed it!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hoping we hit on big FA or draft pick that’s another game changer like Parsons. That’s asking to much I am sure. Lol. Maybe just a good ready to go O-Lineman or 2. And a big DT that can come in the rotation and make a difference in the run game..

I don't think we will see big name FA, I think it is important to get the right guys who can come in and mesh with their units. Kearse was nothing great before coming to Dallas but had a great season. Watkins avg guy who made some big plays this season, Urban played well before getting injured. I just do not see Dallas in a situation where we will be big players for big name FA who often will cost more than they produce. Draft on the other hand I think is very critical at this stage, to find guys who can make an impact on a rookie deal which is much more manageable.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread takes me back to when some members said Prescott would be let go in two years.

This thread takes me back to when some members said Prescott would be let go in three years.

This thread takes me back to when some members said Prescott would be let go in four years.

This thread takes me back to when some members said Prescott would be let go in...

BigD_95

Reaction score
Nfl should addopt a luxury tax idea like the nba that allows you to go over the cap to resign your own players if you want. Not my money but it pretty safe to say that the Cowboys can afford to pay the tax bill to go over. Don’t abuse it though

I been saying this. There should be an benefit to drafting well