Twitter: Cowboys to sign Cameron Fleming

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't like this.
If Collins goes back to LG and Fleming is the starting RT and not our swing tackle, then we are looking at Chaz or a late round Tackle pick filling in for Smith when his back inevitably puts him on the bench.
You're certainly not picking a swing tackle in the first couple of rounds.
Keep Collins at RT and have Fleming be the swing tackle. Then draft a starting LG in the 1st or 2nd round and you are set.

Fleming has played guard before, so he could be in the mix at LG. Either way, it's about getting the five best linemen on the field. If we were to lose Tyron Smith again, for instance, the Cowboys could always kick Fleming over there instead of Chaz Green or a rookie.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Love this move. When free was at rt and Collins at guard look what zeke did his rookie year. Our offense is going to look good on paper. Let’s see how it translates to the field.
Great take...and totally 100% on the money. As much as we hear people down play Free...when we lost him,he was missed sorely. This IMO,will be an upgrade,and I don't say this lightly. Free was a lunchpale working SOB...loved how he just did his job...we lacked that even with Collins. It showed. Zeke may even get close to 2k yards this year because of this IF WE CAN KEEP TYRON HEALTHY. That's my next concern.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We better worry about Tyron Smith guys...just sayin. Do we dare draft a LT high if we need to? Throwing it out there.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Nice.

They need to be all in on fixing this offensive line and at worst this gives them the option of putting Collins back at guard if they didn’t solve the guard issue in the draft.

Can’t imagine one of the first three picks is not a guard however.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Fleming has played guard before, so he could be in the mix at LG. Either way, it's about getting the five best linemen on the field. If we were to lose Tyron Smith again, for instance, the Cowboys could always kick Fleming over there instead of Chaz Green or a rookie.

Where did you see that he has played guard? Everything I looked at says he's always been a tackle.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
No worries. This just means Fleming hasn't put pen to paper yet.

The Cowboys have been negotiating with Fleming since Monday or Tuesday it seems; plenty of time for his agent to gauge another team's interest if they have any.
He and his agent have also had the week to go back and forth with New England. Just like Waddle did. The only difference here it is being reported that he is signing with the Cowboys.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This and the signing of Hurns pleases me. Now get us another starting LB'er and a great draft.

Alexander

Reaction score
We better worry about Tyron Smith guys...just sayin. Do we dare draft a LT high if we need to? Throwing it out there.
There might be one LT prospect in this draft worth taking in the first. It does not get any better the deeper you go. There is a reason teams were grabbing tackles early in FA.

Reaction score

Yes, that would be my plan. Let him battle it out with Fleming for RT/swing T. And be heir apparent to Tyron at LT if he had a quick decline (*knockonwood*)

Rayman70

Reaction score
Where did you see that he has played guard? Everything I looked at says he's always been a tackle.
YEAH...HE'S NOT A TRUE GUARD. He is athletic enough if injury occurs to maybe slide over..only in spot duty. He's a pure RT.

Rayman70

Reaction score
There might be one LT prospect in this draft worth taking in the first. It does not get any better the deeper you go. There is a reason teams were grabbing tackles early in FA.
YEP. Your right..thats my worry..and I do wonder if Fleming will be called on to play some LT at some point?

Alexander

Reaction score
Sign bowman, trade for Earl and draft Jerwin...

Welcome to the Superbowl
If they want Thomas, that means cutting Bryant and possibly restructuring more contracts.

He has made it clear, he wants big money. That little chase down the tunnel is not nearly as important as people think.