Twitter: Cowboys to sign Cameron Fleming

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Because D Law (2nd round), Scandrick (5th round), and Ty Crawford (3rd round) worked out terribly for where they were drafted
Scandrick=trash except for 1 season. Crawford avg at best. D law verdict is out. And we had K. Moore. We might differ on opinions but for me I'm G on boise state players.

king987

Reaction score
Big signing. I know there has been rumors about moving Collins back to LG, but none seem to be coming from Dallas reporters. I wouldn't force it unless they're left with no choice. Collins looked good at RT by the end of the year.

Whatever they do with Fleming and Collins, this is good to see. Either they have their 5 starters now, or they have a swing tackle that they badly need behind Tyron Smith.

Still think its a good possibility we'll see Dallas take OL within the first four rounds of the draft.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Fleming is an upgrade over Byron Bell as a swing tackle and can be a part-time starter. Just like a backup QB, he's going to have warts but you want a guy with starting experience that can play for you and the game not be too big for him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
love the move. Solidifies the oline and moves Collins back to LG permanently where he is an absolute beast. GREAT MOVE on the heels of the Witten restructure.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Because D Law (2nd round), Scandrick (5th round), and Ty Crawford (3rd round) worked out terribly for where they were drafted

Let's see: Scandrick - 5th round - was easily the best player we got in the 2008 draft.

Crawford -3rd round - the best player we got from the 2012 draft.

DLaw - one of the best DE's in the NFL (granted, not best pick thanks to Martin).

Yep! Let's stay away from Boise State players!

sdfidaho

Reaction score
This, he is here to start not go back and forth.

I'm sure he wasn't promised anything.
He'll have the opportunity to win a starting job, but if Dallas grabs Hernandez or Wynn in the first, good luck to him.
Smith's back and any unforeseen other tackle injuries will give him plenty of playing time.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Let's see: Scandrick - 5th round - was easily the best player we got in the 2008 draft.

Crawford -3rd round - the best player we got from the 2012 draft.

DLaw - one of the best DE's in the NFL (granted, not best pick thanks to Martin).

Yep! Let's stay away from Boise State players!

Sorry, it will only let me give you one "Like" for this post!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bang.

That just happened.

Suck on it, Alex.
5a7471db46a288fe068b4651-750-563.png

Reaction score
From what I read, I'm not sure Waddle isn't considered the better tackle of the two. Seems he was ahead of Fleming until he got dinged up.

I'm expecting a higher-level Doug Free, which I'm sure will panic some. I think Fleming is a better pass blocker than Free, but not as good as a run blocker. Personally, I prefer the better pass blocker.

Ultimately, I think Collins would turn out to be a better RT than Fleming, but Collins at LG and Fleming at RT will probably be better than any other combination we can put at those positions outside of drafting a first-round lineman ... and better than our starting group last year.

I agree that Waddle is probably better. Fleming held his own in the Super Bowl (below). He was prone to inside rush and got a bit tired and foot heavy by the end. But I like that he's spent his entire career in NE and under Scarvecchia as OL coach for some of it. Playing next to best G in football will make him better too. I like the signing alot. I would not be opposed to drafting Kolton Miller or McInvency (sp?) at 19 and letting them battle it out for starting RT/swing T.