Twitter: Cowboys to sign Cameron Fleming

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Big signing. I know there has been rumors about moving Collins back to LG, but none seem to be coming from Dallas reporters. I wouldn't force it unless they're left with no choice. Collins looked good at RT by the end of the year.

Whatever they do with Fleming and Collins, this is good to see. Either they have their 5 starters now, or they have a swing tackle that they badly need behind Tyron Smith.

Still think its a good possibility we'll see Dallas take OL within the first four rounds of the draft.

Other than Stephen's statement about needing a fifth lineman not necessarily needing a guard, there's really nothing that says Dallas doesn't view Collins as the starting right tackle and Fleming as something else, even a starting left guard candidate. Of course, I see no indication that Fleming has ever played guard so it would be a complete projection to consider him there.

I view this signing like Jacksonville signing Parnell from us a few years ago. When Fleming got his opportunities, he played well for the Patriots, but his opportunities were limited by others on the roster.

Reaction score
Props to Mike Fisher for being right on the money w his report that the Cowboys would try to sign a few 2nd tier FA this week!

A lot of people in here dismissed the Fish, but once again, his report was right on the money.

Fish also hasn’t ruled out the Cowboys won’t make a move on Dez.

Some owe Fish a “my fault” for doubting him...

You Alex

Anyone of us here could have, and did, make the same "prediction." If you look at past decade, we have always signed a couple of 2nd tier free agents in the second week. Fisher is a click-bait *****.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

I hate when this happens. Keep it the hell under wraps until he is back in town to sign the deal. Now that it’s announced to be close but not done, every interested team including NE is calling to get the details and upping their offers. I hate leaks.

Gaede

Reaction score
This is smart. Our OL killed us last year. Don't know if this guy will end up starting, but at least it's one more quality player in front of Chaz

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I hate when this happens. Keep it the hell under wraps until he is back in town to sign the deal. Now that it’s announced to be close but not done, every interested team including NE is calling to get the details and upping their offers. I hate leaks.
It might not be a leak per se.

But NE could decide to up any standing offer they have had. Which they could try since they are losing numbers.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I'm sure he wasn't promised anything.
He'll have the opportunity to win a starting job, but if Dallas grabs Hernandez or Wynn in the first, good luck to him.
Smith's back and any unforeseen other tackle injuries will give him plenty of playing time.

I am totally onboard with Hernandez, would be even harder for a decision if Vea is there also.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Good signing...

The off-season is turning out not so bad after-all.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Starting RT.

Collins to LG and we draft another T in the draft.

This where the comp picks should help.

I don't like this.
If Collins goes back to LG and Fleming is the starting RT and not our swing tackle, then we are looking at Chaz or a late round Tackle pick filling in for Smith when his back inevitably puts him on the bench.
You're certainly not picking a swing tackle in the first couple of rounds.
Keep Collins at RT and have Fleming be the swing tackle. Then draft a starting LG in the 1st or 2nd round and you are set.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Love this move. When free was at rt and Collins at guard look what zeke did his rookie year. Our offense is going to look good on paper. Let’s see how it translates to the field.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Pencil him in at RT and Collins back to LG. This solves alot of questions for the team.
This signing is MUCH MUCH more important and significant than any other all offseason for us. I cannot underscore enough how huge this is for the offense.