Twitter: Cowboys to sign Cameron Fleming

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
As soon as I saw waddle resign i knew they had probably made up their mind bout signing Fleming just needed to make room. I didn’t want waddle lol.

From what I read, I'm not sure Waddle isn't considered the better tackle of the two. Seems he was ahead of Fleming until he got dinged up.

I'm expecting a higher-level Doug Free, which I'm sure will panic some. I think Fleming is a better pass blocker than Free, but not as good as a run blocker. Personally, I prefer the better pass blocker.

Ultimately, I think Collins would turn out to be a better RT than Fleming, but Collins at LG and Fleming at RT will probably be better than any other combination we can put at those positions outside of drafting a first-round lineman ... and better than our starting group last year.

Carson

Reaction score
You’re the former scout so tell us what the thought process is? Also, you never stated what team you scouted for but just that you were a former scout. Can’t hurt telling us what team.

The Miami Dolphins!

No kidding. Bridgewater University. Small school in Virginia.

And the question was more what Dallas would do.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why can't he be starter and swing? Starts at RT and if Tyron gets hurt, swing him to LT, bump La Collins to RT and plug in a left guard.
throws the whole gelling and continuity out of whack with double moves IMO rather have a defined role for all starting the season..hes the ST easier to fix one hole than 3

Carson

Reaction score
Seems like my bitterness is starting to clear up a little bit. I won't be as grumpy as usual. Now if we can have a great draft, and freaking WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS, I'll be in a fantastic mood.

Absolutely. These are positive moves. Great moves by the front office

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Swing tackle imo. Good depth signing. Especially considering Smith's bsck ailments.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I know I am in the minority but I like continuity

Tron- CGreen/Draft- TFred- ZMartin- LCollins...............Swing T- CFleming
IM with you except Green, Green is not aG and he blew 2017 at Tackle..he should be gone ..how about give Looney a shot at LG/Draft/..PULLEASE stop supporting green while others on this site are trying to get rid of LEE, Witten and dez.. OMFG people.. get a clue..Green sucks , cant be depended on..

GORICO

Reaction score

mr Star---that is such good news...Fleming is a big upgrade on the swing tackle...to be honest i do not trust the great LT Smith's back to stay healthy...once the back goes out it usually does not get better..especially the strain a person puts on it playing offensive line in NFL

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Seems like my bitterness is starting to clear up a little bit. I won't be as grumpy as usual. Now if we can have a great draft, and freaking WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS, I'll be in a fantastic mood.

Well, we still have the same coaches so I wouldn't expect many playoff victories.

canters

Reaction score
Still would not mind a OG somewhere high, as insurance for Martin not signing. We have needs on our front 7,but I would not be surprised to see a WR#1 and then Dez being released or traded.

GORICO

Reaction score
IM with you except Green, Green is not aG and he blew 2017 at Tackle..he should be gone ..how about give Looney a shot at LG/Draft/..PULLEASE stop supporting green while others on this site are trying to get rid of LEE, Witten and dez.. OMFG people.. get a clue..Green sucks , cant be depended on..
mr Blue--- to be honest i was so ticked off when Garrett left Green out there in Atlanta game to get annihilated...Dak was never the same and Green probably not only lost all confidence but no one wants him...he is radioactive now...but he did play well at tackle in 2016...i hope for his sake he can make a comeback...but i hope its not with our team

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nice. Now it’s interesting to see what they do. Is Fleming the swing tackle, are they moving Collins back to LG, or will they see how the draft goes and make the moves at that point?
Wherever they put him you will ***** about it.