Signed by Cowboys Cowboys to sign LS Jake McQuaid The L.P. Ladouceur era is over

jnday

Reaction score
Probably just time for a change. LP can't beat father time. I respect Bones, so this had to happen.
Father Time has not even caused one bad snap as he has aged. He could have played until he was 60 if he was still maintaining his streak of perfect snaps as far as I am concerned. His play has not dropped off one bit and he doesn’t play a position that causes his body to break down like other positions on the team. This comes down to Dallas being cheap, even though LP is costing less than a million a year. Every couple of seasons for the last 10 years, rumors have went around about replacing him to save a few dollars. Saving $200,000 , after wasting $40 million a year, is beyond stupidity when saving those few dollars will make no difference at all with cap space. Dallas deserves to lose a couple of games a year due to bad snaps on game winning FGs and extra points. They have took LP for granted and summed that anybody could play at his level. It is very similar to Jerry saying that there are 500 coaches that could win with the teams of the early 90’s when he was pushing Jimmy out the door. In all honesty, there are hundreds of thousands of people that could have been a better Cowboys GM than Jerry.

BaybeeJay

Reaction score

After 16 seasons, the L.P. Ladouceur era in Dallas is over with the Cowboys and the club is talking with with long snapper Jake McQuaid of the Rams, according to sources. Ladouceur spent 16 seasons with the Cowboys and would have set the franchise record for most games played in 2021. He played in 253 games, two behind the all-time leader Jason Witten. Ladouceur, 40, did not have a poor snap in his entire career. McQuaid would be reunited with coordinator John Fassel and kicker Greg Zuerlein.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Jake is looking for a smaller town to settle down.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
ok. :) You said the exact same thing i did. Just a different way of looking at it.

The bad snapper will cost you a game or two in a years time. The guy that does his job will not be noticed because he didn't screw up. Same outcome.

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score

After 16 seasons, the L.P. Ladouceur era in Dallas is over with the Cowboys and the club is talking with with long snapper Jake McQuaid of the Rams, according to sources. Ladouceur spent 16 seasons with the Cowboys and would have set the franchise record for most games played in 2021. He played in 253 games, two behind the all-time leader Jason Witten. Ladouceur, 40, did not have a poor snap in his entire career. McQuaid would be reunited with coordinator John Fassel and kicker Greg Zuerlein.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

LPL has the most consecutive game streak and is replaced by and ex Ohio St. and NFL Pro Bowl long snapper.

I have no problems for going about 6 years younger with the same level of talent and success.

I just loved consistently knowing LPL butt was facing the holder and punters for the Cowboys and they were going to get the ball in the same spot for success every time.

Thanks LPL.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LPL has the most consecutive game streak and is replaced by and ex Ohio St. and NFL Pro Bowl long snapper.

I have no problems for going about 6 years younger with the same level of talent and success.

I just loved consistently knowing LPL butt was facing the holder and punters for the Cowboys and they were going to get the ball in the same spot for success every time.

Thanks LPL.

And he thanks you, e.

jrumann59

Reaction score
One thread is blasting the FO for moving on from a 40 year old LS that hinted he may retire, and the other because they signed a 35 year old swing tackle that many feel is too old.